£50000 - £55000 per annum
As part of an increase in workload my client who specialises in large mixed use developments, residential, hotels, master planning schemes, and district heating systems is seeking a client facing Senior Electrical Engineer with UK experience.
My client offers a unique place to work, where collaboration and support is provided from Junior through to Director Level. The company is a professional member of the Chartered Institute of Building Service Engineers (CIBSE) and actively encourages staff to progress to Chartered status, supported through CPD events and in-house training.
* Assist in the management of workload for junior staff.
* Approve detailed design information and calculations submitted by Engineers and Graduate staff.
* Witness and accept the testing and commissioning procedures for the project plant equipment and systems.
* Liaise with internal and external Design Team, Client and Contractors as appropriate.
* Obtain the necessary information both internally and externally from Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Design Consultants for the design to proceed.
* Ensure the design team is kept fully informed of all technical and other information necessary for the duration of the project.
* Produce all design information as outlined in the Project Management Plan and the design philosophy.
* Compile design reports, specifications, drawings and any other Contract Documents required, and ensure that these are approved by the Principal Engineer / Project Director.
* Attend progress, design team and co-ordinator meetings.
* Witness commissioning procedures.
* Inspect and prepare a list of defects and works outstanding.
* Carry out site inspections to verify that the installation is in accordance with the design.
* Review and comment on the operating maintenance drawings to manuals and ensure. compliance with the project
* Liaise with the Principal Designer and Principal Contractor to assist in the completion of the Health and Safety file.
* BEng / HND in relevant discipline (Electrical Engineering).
* Ideally 5 years' Residential, Hotel, High Rise Apartments.
* Knowledge of AutoCAD, BIM and associated software.
* Able to work on/run own projects.
* Client facing. Able to write specifications.
South East England
£32000 - £40000 per annum
My client is a building services engineering design consultancy established in the 70's in Oxfordshire. They require an electrical engineer with 3+ years consultancy experience to work on offices, data centres, residential apartments, schools, universities, colleges and hotels etc with an emphasis on sustainable, low carbon design.
To be considered for this role you should have experience across a range of sectors with good computer and communication skills. Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Amtech and Dialux, is essential, TAS, Cymap, AutoCAD and Revit software packages would be an advantage.
Working towards Chartered status or the desire to do so (support offered)
BEng or BSc (industry related)
3 years minimum consultancy experience
Familiar with design software mentioned
Ba able to undertake Surveys and prepare condition reports
Carry out inspections/monitor installations
Witness of commissioning
You will be supervised by a Project Director or a Senior Electrical Design Engineer, allocated on a project-by-project basis. My client is a strong believer of promoting from within and offer excellent opportunities for those who are self-motivated, ambitious and want to develop a career working towards Director level.
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits package
My client has been established for over 25 years and work on a fantastic portfolio of work including healthcare, residential care, education and defence projects.
They operate on an NHS framework agreement and have undertaken a vast amount of work across several NHS sites in London and the south, this coupled with many their other long-standing client relationships has led to a very healthy order book of work, and a continuous flow of new projects being awarded.
The company are looking for an electrical design at intermediate level with a passion for technically challenging projects. Due to the nature of their work, it is integral that the successful engineer be a confident communicator who can liaise with clients and attend meetings. Responsibilities will include concept and detailed design of electrical services, supporting and working alongside engineers, and supporting the CAD/REVIT Dept.
The company can offer exposure to full life cycle of projects, a clearly defined and achievable career progression plan and an opportunity to build client, contractor and supplier relationships.