I have an excellent opportunity for a Junior Sustainability Consultant to join a multi-award-winning building services design consultancy who have locations across the UK. They are one of the industry leaders providing design, energy, project management and planning & regulations across some of the most exciting projects within residential/mixed-use, commercial, industrial, healthcare and educational projects. They are looking for Junior Sustainability Consultant to join their busy team in London.
The role will provide you with an opportunity to become an integral part of their successful MEP and Sustainability Team and you will assist both teams.
- Work on a wide range of projects including residential, mixed-use, commercial, industrial and educational.
- Attend meetings with clients and multidisciplinary design teams as Sustainability consultant.
- Develop and present project sustainability design proposals to the project team and client.
- Assist senior consultants in project assessments including Part L (SAP, SBEM), BREEAM.
- Undertake Overheating simulations and present report findings.
- Undertake energy surveys of buildings.
- Undertake BREEAM Pre-assessments and preparing reports.
- Assess project designs for BREEAM compliance and recording evidence.
- Prepare high quality information including sustainability assessments, planning reports, presentations.
- Maintain regular contact with clients.
- Continue to improve your own technical knowledge.
- Report resource information to senior group managers.
- Hold an academic or industry qualification related to sustainability or design.
- Detailed knowledge of low carbon and sustainable design and London Plan Energy Policy.
- A good understanding of, or experience of conducting Part L assessments (SAP/SBEM).
- A good understanding of, or experience of conducting BREEAM Assessments under both BREEAM New Construction 2018 and BREEAM Refurbishment & Fit-out 2014.
- Ability to use CAD and/or IESVE.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.