City of London, London
£50000 - £62000 per annum + Benefits
A high-profile design consultancy with a reputation for delivering award winning and innovative projects are looking to expand their London office with the recruitment of a Senior / Principal Public Health Design Engineer.
They are a multi award winning consultancy with a very holistic and innovative approach to engineering. A company I personally have placed many people with who often comment on the friendly, welcoming and professional culture.
With a very impressive portfolio of projects completed and a big order book of work they are well established as one of the top engineering companies in the UK with an expanding reach across Europe and Asia.
As a Senior / Principal Engineer you will be responsible for supporting and delivering designs for a range of project types and sizes.
You will be client facing, technically well rounded and able to offer the benefit of your experience to more junior Public Engineers within the team.
Responsible for meeting with clients, developing and producing reports, specifications and guidance or overseeing testing and commissioning activities, working closely as a team to ensure we achieve the best results.
This is a great opportunity for anyone wishing to join a large, respected and forward thinking consultancy.
If you would like to apply for the position please do contact me and I can help you with the application.
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + Benefits package
Principal Mechanical engineer position to work on a number of high-profile data centre projects with a high-profile MEP consultancy in central London.
I am working in partnership with a well-known consultancy who have been established for over 40 years and employ well over 500 staff across the globe, with a network of offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Asia and Australia. They have worked on an impressive list of projects across a variety of sectors including commercial, retail, mission critical, luxury hotels, residential, healthcare and education.
They have an established mission critical specialist design team in London and have recently secured some hugely important and impressive projects within the data centre arena, this has driven the requirement to secure the addition of a mechanical engineer with experience of data centre projects
Applicants will have completed a degree in building services or mechanical engineers and have achieved chartered status or have made considerable progress in applying for chartership.
The successful candidate will possess excellent understanding of mechanical building services as well as knowledge of standard practices in the design and delivery of mission critical projects, including latest ASRAE guidelines and Uptime Institute TIER ratings, be responsible for concept and detailed design, project budget, project quality management, apply company guidelines and standards across the portfolio of projects, production of project reports.
The candidate will already be operating at a Senior - Principal Engineer level within an engineering, construction or property environment, and will have a demonstrable track record in the design and delivery of data centre projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced mechanical design engineer to join a market leading data centre provider working on an engaging and technically challenging portfolio of projects and who can offer a realistic and achievable career progression path.
£50000 - £55000 per annum
As part of an increase in workload my client who specialises in large mixed use developments, residential, hotels, master planning schemes, and district heating systems is seeking a client facing Senior Electrical Engineer with UK experience.
My client offers a unique place to work, where collaboration and support is provided from Junior through to Director Level. The company is a professional member of the Chartered Institute of Building Service Engineers (CIBSE) and actively encourages staff to progress to Chartered status, supported through CPD events and in-house training.
* Assist in the management of workload for junior staff.
* Approve detailed design information and calculations submitted by Engineers and Graduate staff.
* Witness and accept the testing and commissioning procedures for the project plant equipment and systems.
* Liaise with internal and external Design Team, Client and Contractors as appropriate.
* Obtain the necessary information both internally and externally from Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Design Consultants for the design to proceed.
* Ensure the design team is kept fully informed of all technical and other information necessary for the duration of the project.
* Produce all design information as outlined in the Project Management Plan and the design philosophy.
* Compile design reports, specifications, drawings and any other Contract Documents required, and ensure that these are approved by the Principal Engineer / Project Director.
* Attend progress, design team and co-ordinator meetings.
* Witness commissioning procedures.
* Inspect and prepare a list of defects and works outstanding.
* Carry out site inspections to verify that the installation is in accordance with the design.
* Review and comment on the operating maintenance drawings to manuals and ensure. compliance with the project
* Liaise with the Principal Designer and Principal Contractor to assist in the completion of the Health and Safety file.
* BEng / HND in relevant discipline (Electrical Engineering).
* Ideally 5 years' Residential, Hotel, High Rise Apartments.
* Knowledge of AutoCAD, BIM and associated software.
* Able to work on/run own projects.
* Client facing. Able to write specifications.