£50000 - £55000 per annum
As part of an increase in workload my client who specialises in large mixed use developments, residential, hotels, master planning schemes, and district heating systems is seeking a client facing Senior Electrical Engineer with UK experience.
My client offers a unique place to work, where collaboration and support is provided from Junior through to Director Level. The company is a professional member of the Chartered Institute of Building Service Engineers (CIBSE) and actively encourages staff to progress to Chartered status, supported through CPD events and in-house training.
* Assist in the management of workload for junior staff.
* Approve detailed design information and calculations submitted by Engineers and Graduate staff.
* Witness and accept the testing and commissioning procedures for the project plant equipment and systems.
* Liaise with internal and external Design Team, Client and Contractors as appropriate.
* Obtain the necessary information both internally and externally from Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Design Consultants for the design to proceed.
* Ensure the design team is kept fully informed of all technical and other information necessary for the duration of the project.
* Produce all design information as outlined in the Project Management Plan and the design philosophy.
* Compile design reports, specifications, drawings and any other Contract Documents required, and ensure that these are approved by the Principal Engineer / Project Director.
* Attend progress, design team and co-ordinator meetings.
* Witness commissioning procedures.
* Inspect and prepare a list of defects and works outstanding.
* Carry out site inspections to verify that the installation is in accordance with the design.
* Review and comment on the operating maintenance drawings to manuals and ensure. compliance with the project
* Liaise with the Principal Designer and Principal Contractor to assist in the completion of the Health and Safety file.
* BEng / HND in relevant discipline (Electrical Engineering).
* Ideally 5 years' Residential, Hotel, High Rise Apartments.
* Knowledge of AutoCAD, BIM and associated software.
* Able to work on/run own projects.
* Client facing. Able to write specifications.
£42 - £45 per hour
I have an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced Public Health Engineer to join a multi-award winning building services design consultancy. They are one of the industry leaders providing design and project management across some of the most complex projects within the commercial sector. They are looking for an experienced Public Health engineer to join and assist their busy team in Central London.
You will prepare and oversee engineering designs using the most recent software packages within building services. You will take responsibility for the management of projects to achieve deadlines - attending and leading projects and design meetings to ensure successful planning, allocation and coordination of work.
Client liaison is a massive part of this role so someone who can influence technical meetings whilst maintaining strong relationships is essential.
The key requirements of this role include:
This is an ongoing contract and will start immediately.
City of London, London
£65000 - £80000 per annum + Comprehensive Benefit Package
I am working on an exceptional opportunity for a principal lighting designer in Central London to join an award-winning international practice, with a reputation for innovative and sustainable approach to the built environment.
My client has been established for over 25 years and have won numerous awards, year-on-year, for their exception work and project delivery. They have a hugely talented team of engineers in London and due to an impressive portfolio of clients and a healthy order book of work, are looking to secure a client facing lighting designer with flair, ability, leadership and strong technical ability.
Project sectors include: commercial, mixed-use, residential, hotels, and art & leisure for well-known & blue-chip clientele.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in a well-established and high regarded consultancy as well as a competitive salary & benefits along with an enviable portfolio of projects to work on. If this is of interest to yourself, please apply with your up-to-date CV.