Job Title: Senior Mechanical & Electrical Engineers
Location: Gravesend, Kent
Salary: £45k + 55k + benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Full Time flexible
We are recruiting for Senior Mechanical & Electrical Engineers reporting to Associate Director. For a medium sized Building Services consultancy in Kent. Salary range for a Senior Engineer is £45,000 – £55,000, we are also open to Intermediate Engineers with a salary range of £30,000- £38,000.
Using sound knowledge of Mechanical and/or Electrical Building Services to provide support and line management to the Mechanical/Electrical team to progress multiple projects producing schematics and engineering calculations within agreed timescales.
Business Operation and Development
- To have future business development in mind at all times, maintain good relationship with all Industry contacts and promoting the business where opportunities arise.
- Ensure that all projects remain in budget, monitor whether additional fees are appropriate and control team workload to meet the schedules
- To actively assist management to maintain an effective business by raising potential threats and suggesting remedies to overcome
- To actively review, in conjunction with the process owners, the design process
- Produce schematics, elevations, details in AutoCAD which meet engineering directives, UK engineering standards, CDM regulations, and drawing and quality procedures
- Provide and check engineering calculations as required
- Support the team with project checking/reviews; resolving issues in order to maintain timeframes and quality compliance
- Co-ordinate drawings/CAD with other disciplines, having an understanding of other engineering principles
- Maintain a working knowledge of appropriate engineering and industry standards
- Liaise concisely and professionally with external members of the design team and Clients on Technical subjects whether at client meetings, workshops, project review meetings
- Respond accurately, concisely and correctly to Design Team and Contractor queries including RFIs, Tech Subs etc in line with WDA approved products
- To work with the Team leader to provide line management and support to the Mechanical/Electrical team
- To monitor the team and individual performance flagging issues to senior management or HR
- Degree qualified Mechanical or Electrical Engineer with 5 years plus practical consultancy design experience in Mechanical or Electrical Building Services.
- High level understanding of CAD
- Working knowledge of UK design standards
- Effective use of Microsoft Office
- High level of professionalism at all times
- Effective time management
- Flexible and resilient ‘can do’ attitude
- Team focussed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ideally you will show a willingness and ability to travel to Client sites. Access to vehicle for business travel and Full UK driving licence would be desirable