We are working on behalf of a highly successful international MEP consultancy and have been tasked with finding an Associate level Team Leader or Director that has the capacity to become a Partner within the business.
Every office throughout the UK is very entrepreneurial and although they move with current trends, they also think outside the box in order to develop new business in a variety of sectors. The reach of the client means that up to 50% of work is national, and the rest local. Projects delivered are typically worth an M&E value of anything from £10 - £50 million.
The Leeds office is approximately 30 strong, is a very tight knit team and offers a real family environment. Two employees have been in this office for 20 years plus and a large proportion have also served for 10 years or more. They view this longevity and consistency as a key part of their success, they take the welfare and development of their team very seriously and the staff are given all the necessary tools to be successful in an environment that encourages excellence.
The initial role of team leader will see you guiding and cultivating a team whilst working on some truly prestigious projects. You will be responsible for recruiting, training and developing the team to ensure ongoing succession and growth of the practice.
I am looking for someone who has won work and built relationships to support ongoing and repeat business. Local market knowledge would certainly be an advantage. The right person for this role will be well rounded with a proven track record within their discipline, coupled with experience in all areas of building services.
- Dealing successfully with Clients and other professionals to foster and maintain good relationships and to create future opportunities
- Responsible for business development and project management
- Authorizing of fee proposals
- Budgetary responsibility: Fee management for all projects under your control and reporting to the management team on a monthly basis
- Manage the involvement of this clients Specialist Groups
- Managing 10-20 clients
- Contribution to the firm's central technical groups.
- Contribution to the office or cost centre management.
- Contribution to IPD/ CPD training days.
- Contribute to developing resilience and diversity within the firm
- Chartered status or equivalent experience
- Technical knowledge:
- Core technical competence
- Strong and varied CV
- Good contractual and commercial knowledge
- An ability to enhance the Firm's reputation
- Manage projects to avoid technical risk
- Manage projects to avoid commercial risk
- Strong technical knowledge in primary engineering discipline and relevant UK and applicable EU regulations, design guides
- Good understanding of the secondary engineering disciplines
- IT literate with an understanding of relevant IT packages i.e. Amtec, Hevacomp, IES and Microsoft office
- Excellent organisational and planning skills to effectively work to timescales and deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of contract administration, procurement and conditions of contract/ appointment
- Able to develop effective relationships with well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proven track record in work winning
This role would be ideal for an engineer who has been at principal level for several years, associate level, in an AD role or a Director. Flexibility with title and background is offered here in order to attract the right people and also to give the individual the opportunity to grow into this developing role. Remuneration is very competitive dependent on experience and negotiable for each individual.