An internationally recognised Engineering Consultancy is seeking an ambitious Associate Director who is passionate about Building Services to join their expanding London office. Leading the technical growth and operational development of an exceptional MEP team, the role will see the successful applicant deliver exciting national and international projects. This leading organisation boasts a portfolio of some of the world's most diverse and complex projects. Potential for travel is offered in this exciting role.
The client was first established overseas more than five decades ago and has grown exponentially. My client offers a dynamic environment within a prime location in London with a high level of exposure to national and international expertise within Building Services. Projects include stadiums overseas, retail headquarters in Europe, UK mixed use developments with construction values beyond £200 million, airport expansions, and prestigious hotel projects for international clients.
Main Role Responsibilities
* Manage assigned day-to-day activities in the department
* Contribute to the development of the area of business the department is part of as part of the regional/division management team.
* Undertake technical discipline leadership for services within the London Building Services Department.
* Enhance and develop the discipline group's technical potential.
* Establish best practice for the mechanical/electrical services engineers and provide technical mentoring, coaching and guidance to improve skills base and knowledge.
* Provide project leadership within mechanical/electrical services engineering and technically review and quality assure the work produced by the engineering group.
* Master's or Bachelor's degree within technical/engineering field.
* Chartered or working your way towards Chartered status.
* Have a track record of delivering major projects as well as varied and complex buildings.
* Experience in a similar role.
* Have strong business acumen.
* Strong technical and functional skills.
* Previously engaged in a local market and have a demonstrable ability to win work.
* Have led a team that works across a diverse project portfolio.
* Be able to communicate clearly and concisely.
* Have commercial and contractual experience of an engineering consultancy as a business.
* Have a passion for engineering excellence and a desire to develop yourself and others to be at the cutting edge of industry knowledge.
This is a genuine opportunity unlike many others to work in a vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility. A competitive salary and benefits package including car allowance, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection and much more is offered.