My client are an award winning international and multidisciplinary consultancy with offices in the Middle East, Africa, Oceania, Asia and the Far East. They are looking to bring on board an dynamic and ambitious Associate level Mechanical Design Engineer for their Dubai office to lead a talented Mechanical Engineering Department and a number of prestigious projects.
As an Associate Building Services Mechanical Engineer, you will be working on some of the most high profile and iconic international projects in the world. From commercial, retail and mixed-use developments, predominantly in the Gulf area. The successful candidate will have a wealth of experience in the industry with 5-8 years of Middle East experience. The ideal candidate will also all have experience in delivering technically challenging projects, an innovative approach with good report writing and presentation skills, be client facing, project leadership skills, an understanding of business and financial drivers, be achievement and action orientated as well as solutions focussed, and have the ability to adapt style to work effectively across geographic and cultural boundaries.
They are willing to over a competitive salary tax free with medical insurance on top, 30 days holiday a year, and working 40 hours per week.
- Leadership in terms of a subset of service unit professional staff
- Performance Management of allocated unit members
- Clear understanding of skills available and work horizons
- Active participation in knowledge management and sharing of knowledge & resources across service units, especially specialist knowledge and technical excellence
- Input regarding appointment of professional staff
- Responsible for quality of delivery and standards on projects within unit
- Assist in project close out and debrief on all projects with the client, Client Relationship Executive and Project Leaders
- Responsible for delivery of allocated projects within budget constraints
- Assist in the development of project fee estimates as part of work winning
- Input into unit business planning
- Assist with the development of client relationships and help establish client networks
- Assist with input to client proposals and tenders
- Take responsibility for selected clients and lead our sales approach for them
- Work with other units to developed and maintain relationships with clients
- Input into development of unit competencies, services or technologies
- Live and promote the company's values and code of ethics
- Minimise risk through ensuring compliance with the company's methodology, quality assurance and other relevant policies and guidelines
- Train, mentor and coach colleagues
- Maintain a challenging and rewarding working environment for direct reports