I am currently working on behalf of a well-known building services consultancy that specialises in all aspects of building services, to recruit an Associate Mechanical Engineer. The company in question has developed an incredibly strong presence in the market and is known for its excellence and consistent delivery. Due to sheer work load, the client is now looking to offer this exceptional opportunity to a well-rounded engineer.
This multi-disciplinary company has been delivering projects across the globe successfully for many years. This has cemented their reputation as one of the best and most reliable consultancies in the market.
With more than 200 employees including engineers, designers, architects, programmers, analysts and researchers that represent the core staff, they are able to take on a variety of technically challenging projects and explore solutions from a multi-layered perspective.
As an Associate Mechanical Engineer you will not only oversee, but you will be hands on too. You will be responsible for building relationships with clients, developing business opportunities, leading projects and managing a team of MEP Engineers. You will be client facing, technically well rounded, a good motivator and offer the benefit of your experience to encourage and mentor less experienced engineers.
You will be heavily involved with one of the biggest and most iconic projects in the UK. My client is also working alongside a signature architect on a project in the Middle East. With a project order book running well into 2020 covering various sectors you certainly won't be pigeon holed into one sector.
With previous consultancy experience in a similar role, you will have a degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification. Ideally you would also be chartered, but not essential. You should have excellent technical knowledge in your primary discipline and a thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process. You should be experienced with mechanical related design software and have UK experience.
The successful candidate will be rewarded not only by taking satisfaction in achieving great results, but also financially plus various incentives and benefits, not to mention a clear career path.
- Proven experience of delivering projects to clients' satisfaction.
- Strong client relationship skills and the ability to develop and manage the work of others.
- Technical ability, knowledge and competence to guide and teach others.
- Previous involvement in the preparation of reports, designs, specifications and contract documents
- Technical review of designs produced in order to verify completeness to technical standards
- Assisting in the preparation of fee proposals for submission to potential Clients and agree same with the Director.
- Periodically undertaking project reviews to ensure technical and programme constraints are met.
- Liaising with other engineers/technicians to ensure updates to technical standards are maintained and disseminated to the team
- Promotion and incorporation of sustainable design
- Liaising with clients, professional organisations, contractors, suppliers, subcontractors etc.
- Providing technological input and supervise technical input by others within the mechanical building services discipline
- Identifying and meeting effectively the requirements and expectations of clients
- Managing resources, costs and change control, ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within budget
Experience & Qualifications
- Membership of a professional engineering body (preferably a Chartered Engineer).At least 10 years' experience.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Understand client requirements/objectives.
- Thorough knowledge of statutory legislation and standards.
- Commercial awareness and acumen.
This role will suit a self-motivated and confident individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven track record of exercising commercial judgement together with practical knowledge to deliver positive outcomes.