I am actively recruiting for a Mechanical Associate Director who is looking to establish themselves in a forward thinking company and hit the ground running working on one of London's biggest projects.
The consultancy in question have been established for many years and delivered projects across the globe successfully. This has cemented their reputation as one of the best and most reliable consultancies in the market.
With more than 200 employees including engineers, designers, architects, programmers, analysts and researchers that represent the core staff, they are able to take on a variety of technically challenging projects and explore solutions from a multi-layered perspective.
As an Associate Director you will be responsible for building relationships with clients, developing business opportunities, leading projects and managing a team of MEP Engineers as well as meeting with clients, developing and producing reports, specifications and guidance, plus overseeing testing and commissioning activities.
You will be client facing, technically well rounded, and offering the benefit of your experience to encourage and mentor other engineers. It is vital that you have a strong work ethic and you are motivated to develop your team and company, taking great satisfaction in achieving targets and becoming a successful and integral part of the company.
With previous consultancy experience in a similar role, you will be a chartered Engineer, have a degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Qualification. You should have excellent technical knowledge in your primary discipline and a thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process.
If you are successful in this position you will be rewarded not only by taking satisfaction in achieving great results, but also financially,plus various incentives and benefits.
- To manage project delivery, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works, cost plan and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications and drawings scope for all projects within the group.
- Agree level of service, commensurate with fee with the Project Director, for each project. Manage fee draw down and assist Project Director with invoicing.
- Carry out engineering concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site supervision, to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved, via frequent design reviews with engineers.
- Ensure all design projects and reports within the group are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Maintain regular 'in house' design reviews and checks.
- Monitor and control project progress, design variations and project financial budgets.
- Maintain excellent client relationships and contacts to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business. Manage client's expectations and promote a team approach.
- Develop new business opportunities where appropriate and participate with company presentations.
Experience & Qualifications
- Membership of a professional engineering body (preferably a Chartered Engineer).At least 10 years experience.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Understand client requirements/objectives.
- Thorough knowledge of statutory legislation and standards.
- Commercial awareness and acumen.
This role will suit a self-motivated and confident individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven track record of exercising commercial judgement together with practical knowledge to deliver positive outcomes.