A global engineering consultancy is seeking an inspiring Associate Mechanical Engineer to lead a multidiscipline team of up to 10 outstanding engineers/consultants heading up project planning and delivering exciting national (All Sectors) and international projects. As a key technical specialist within the department you will liaise with fellow team leaders to coordinate resources and develop the London office, whilst building relationships both internally and externally with key clients.
- Plan, undertake, coordinate, and monitor work on projects or programmes.
- Apply skills and provide technical guidance in Mechanical (essential) and Public Health (desirable) Engineering Design.
- Apply skills and provide technical guidance in High Performance Building Design such as thermal modelling, façade optimisation and energy and water strategies.
- Apply knowledge in Building Information Modelling (BIM) process such as Revit.
- Prepare bid and contract documentation.
- Project Manage projects and represent my client at external client meetings.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of different procurement and contractual arrangements, as well as financial arrangements for projects, including fee forecasting, fee preparation, and allocation.
- Educated to degree level in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services.
- At least ten years' experience as mechanical engineer.
- Possess a strong background in mechanical services design including sustainability and public health design.
- Hold Chartered status or working towards with CIBSE, IMeche, FEANI or a FEANI approved body.
- Ability to communicate material of a specialist or highly technical nature clearly and to be competent at presenting to external Client
This is a genuine opportunity to work in a vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility. A competitive salary and benefits package including private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection and much more is offered.