I have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Associate Mechanical Engineer to be based in London. My client is a well-established international building services consultancy who have an exciting portfolio which includes financial, pharmaceutical, hotels & resorts as well as some of the most innovative residential and mix development projects in the UK. You will have a minimum of ten years' industry experience with the ability to inspire colleagues and run large projects, and undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
Further skills will include detailed commercial office base build experience together with the coordination of engineering project services, with a proven track record in project management and delivery of high value commercial projects.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors, will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships.
You will possess good commercial awareness, in addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and being capable of incorporating those technologies into the commercial office sector. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in consultancy and is prepared to work 'hands on'.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent and hold membership of relevant institutions (MCIBSE or MIMechE).
- Excellent experience in commercial office (base build) development projects for leading commercial developers, preferably in London
- Additional experience in one or more of the following - corporate workplace, private residential (high end or good quality), hotels, retail, data centres
- Acts as project manager/project coordinator representing all disciplines to the client and design team
- Takes responsibility for financial performance of projects under his/her control and delivers sound financial outcomes
- Is instrumental in creating opportunities for repeat business through delivering excellent service
This role comes with an excellent salary and benefits package so please get in touch with your interest.