I am working alongside a well-respected MEP Consultancy who are seeking an ambitious and inspirational Mechanical Technical Director who is passionate about Building Services to join their expanding London office.
Leading the project delivery, technical growth and operational development of an exceptional MEP team, the role will see the successful applicant deliver technically challenging, diverse and high-profile projects.
Projects sectors include: scientific & laboratory, commercial, residential, retail, and prestigious hotels for well-known clients.
- Leading mechanical services.
- Develop the discipline group's technical potential.
- Establish best practice for the Mechanical Engineers.
- Provide technical mentoring, coaching and guidance.
- Project leadership within mechanical services.
- Technically review/QA work produced by the mechanical engineering group.
- Financial management and budgetary control
- Understand the client's values and project requirements.
- Plan project delivery accordingly to meet and exceed the client's expectations.
- Undertake day-to-day project leadership.
- Provide high quality design solutions to meet the requirements of the project and the projects deliverables.
- Manage, communicate and deliver complex and non-complex client solutions.
- Manage discipline workflow and team delivery to agreed quality and programme.
- Communicate the developing mechanical design to the wider project team.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree within technical/engineering field.
- Chartered or working your way towards Chartered status.
- Have a track record of delivering major projects as well as varied and complex buildings.
- Strong business and commercial acumen.
- Strong technical skills.
- Have led a team that works across a diverse project portfolio.
- Be able to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Have commercial and contractual experience of an engineering consultancy as a business.
- Have a passion for engineering excellence.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in a well-established and highly regarded consultancy. A competitive salary and benefits package along with a realistic and achievable opportunity to progress to Board Director level is obtainable.