Due to expansion my client is looking for an ambitious MEP CAD/Revit technician to join their existing team working on several high profile developments across London.
The practice has grown steadily since the 80's, has over 60 staff and is run by 4 partners, each being very hands on. They have a diverse portfolio of projects ranging from individual private houses, large scale urban regeneration, hotels, commercial offices, education facilities and retail/leisure projects, with construction values beyond £200 million. My client is also opening two new offices next year as they continue their rapid growth.
Work will initially be split 50/50 between Revit & 2d AutoCAD. However, due to my clients increasing BIM work, this will evolve into a primarily Revit technician role. The ideal applicant should be able to communicate clearly and effectively with the internal management of the company from Graduate to Director Level. Externally you will be required to liaise with Clients, Architects and contractors, maintaining good business relationships with all members of the team and promoting other services provided by the company.
- Preparing Architects drawings for use as references.
- Amending 2d drawings (including schematics) to Engineers mark-ups.
- Producing co-ordinated, multi-service 2d drawings with minimal instruction.
- Liaising directly with engineering team to ensure client's needs and projects are delivered on time.
- Issuing drawings.
- Externally you will be required to liaise with Clients, Architects and contractors, maintaining good business relationships with all members of the team.
- Modelling/co-ordinating Mechanical and Electrical services within risers and corridors in Revit.
- Modelling/ co-ordinating plant rooms in Revit.
- Creating Revit families as required.
- Setting up Revit drawing sheets
Ability to produce work of a consistently high quality to tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with the internal management of the company from Graduate to Director Level.
- A good eye for detail.
- Ability to take and follow instructions.
Required Qualifications/ Experience:
- Multi-disciplined (Mechanical & Electrical).
- 1-2 years FULL TIME MEP Revit experience
- Minimum 3 years AutoCAD experience.
- Minimum 2 experience in similar multi-discipline role within building services.
- Applicant must have a good grasp of building services