A highly respected building services consultancy renowned for their dynamic approach are seeking a MEP Document Controller on a contract basis to join their multi-award-winning office in London. This is a key position in supporting the group that deliver an engaging and enviable portfolio of projects across the globe.
As a Document Controller, you are an integral part of our project design management team, supporting their multi-discipline project design teams. Based in the London office, you will be part of a friendly team and have an opportunity to input on a variety of projects both in the UK and overseas.
You will be responsible for coordinating the distribution of documents within the team and to outside parties, together with the maintenance of internal filing / retrieval systems and the uploading and downloading of documentation to dedicated project websites.
The tasks and responsibilities of a Document Controller vary to suit the needs of each group but are typically drawn from the following:
- Day to day distribution, quality assurance, quality control, storage and retrieval of drawings and documents.
- Electronic issue and filing of emails, drawings and other documents, including reviewing drawing registers and electronic drawing files.
- Maintaining spreadsheets and records of project documents and comments such as RFIs & Change Orders and distributing them to the team.
- Monitoring Document Management Systems, compliance checking, uploading and downloading documents and distributing to the team.
- Manage distribution lists.
- Provide training and guidance on the use of the above platforms to members of staff and the project team.
- Document numbering - advising team on correct format/options. Distributing/communicating changes to numbering protocol.
- Acting as a focal point to ensure the project team has all current documents, information and drawings from others in the design team.
- Timely distribution of review comments made to documents.
- Clear communication or corrections required to QA rejected documents.
If you are currently looking for your next contract position please get in touch.