I have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer with at least 2 years' experience to join an award winning firm, based in London. This is a genuine chance to begin a long career in a company that reward with real progression, avoiding that all too common job hopping.
My client is at the forefront of engineering design for the built environment. They are also one of the largest firms of consulting engineers in the UK, specialising in mechanical, electrical and public health (MEP) engineering. The focus is on growth, both in the UK and overseas. This is reflected by an impressive project portfolio covering everything from simple feasibility studies to some of the biggest schemes in the world. My client is also proud to have some of the most skilled and experienced in engineers in the industry, often developed from graduate level.
Although my client is large in size with a firm hold in every corner of the UK, they are small enough to recognise their employees as individuals; this has led to a culture of flexibility, individualism and organic growth. Each office has a very close knit feel to it encouraging a happy working environment. They also encourage all of their people to influence the way things are done. They like their engineers to have a voice and an opinion. A key selling point is that my client provides stability and the opportunity to work on some of the most iconic projects in the UK, and overseas. High levels of employee retention is a great indication that they are doing something right to keep employees happy.
As an Engineer you will be responsible for supporting and delivering designs for a range of project types and sizes. You will be involved in the design of electrical building services including electrical power distribution, lighting design, fire alarm and security systems.
Working alongside a small team, you will be responding to clients' needs, meeting with said clients, developing and producing reports, specifications and testing and commissioning activities. They work closely as a team to ensure they achieve the best results and deliver a consistent high quality service for to their clients.
- Working as part of a project team and taking direction in order to deliver projects from inception to completion.
- Undertaking detailed design tasks
- Able to work with and have an appreciation of other construction professionals' on projects
- Having an appreciation of UK and EU regulations, design guides, etc.
- Developing and producing engineering specifications, equipment schedules and drawings, ensuring quality and technical quality standards are met
- Contributing to producing reports, guidance notes and general correspondence ensuring quality and technical quality standards are met
- Effectively utilising Amtech and Dialux, Microsoft office and other approved software
- Assisting with reviewing the installation of engineering systems, witnessing selected testing and commissioning results
- Ensuring work is undertaken to relevant and applicable UK and EU regulations, design guides etc.
- Occasionally attending, along with a Senior or Executive Engineer, design team meetings, design workshops, client meetings, site meetings, pre-contract and post-contract meetings
You will have a relevant degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent qualification. Have excellent technical knowledge in your primary discipline and a thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process.
You will have excellent communication skills and a team-based work approach. You will appreciate that holistic working is central to good design and you will have experience across a range of projects
The ability to work autonomously and using your initiative will be key to your success. You will also have a proactive approach to building relationships and seek support from across the firm.
In return you will be offered professional development training to progress your career with ongoing support. You will also be able to stake claim to working on major London construction projects from day one. The position promises exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients ensuring you grow into a very well rounded engineer. You will also be supported towards further professional accreditation. Last but not least, my client offers a very competitive salary plus benefits.