My client has an exciting opportunity for an Int/Senior Engineer with 2-3 years' experience to join their rapidly growing Fire Engineering Team. The role will include preparing fire strategies in accordance with BS 9999 and ADB, liaising with Building Control Authorities to gain building regulation approval for the strategies, and liaising with the wider design team (architects, project managers etc) to help develop and design buildings in accordance with part B.
- A degree in Fire Engineering, Building Science or equivalent;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- A good understanding / knowledge of current UK Fire Safety Legislation;
- Experience in the application of Fire Engineering techniques and principals;
- Experience of working within a fire safety engineering team.
The core role and responsibilities for the successful individual shall be:
- Production, with guidance, fire safety strategy documents to inform and support the development throughout the design process on various types of buildings across a number of sectors;
- Identify and specify, with support, the need for fire safety systems (i.e. sprinkler systems, smoke ventilation systems and relevant detection and alarm systems) to support the fire engineering design solutions
- Carry out and review, with support, Fire Engineering calculations;
- Understand and apply UK Fire Safety Legislation for the relevant developments;
- Represent (with support initially) my client at design team meetings and at fire safety workshops as and when required;
- Have good time management skills for meeting previously agreed project deliverable dates;
- With support, negotiate as necessary with the Approval Authorities on the fire safety design principles and proposals.
This is an excellent opportuntiy to work in a medium size company that compete with the top 5 consultancies in the industry. You will be exposed to nearly every project sector and work on projects with at least 10 years work in them, plus additonal phases.