I am currently seeking an Intermediate Electrical Engineer to work for an MEP building services engineering consultancy specialising in demanding construction projects that require high-quality architectural standards of design.
This is an opportunity for someone who wishes to progress in their career working on a variation of projects covering Aviation and Transport Terminals, Retail, Residential, Leisure, and Commercial sectors.
My client has been running successfully and growing stronger since the mid 90's. Due to their reputation and success they have also been able to branch out and run a very successful office in Central London too. This coverage coupled with the fact that my client employs some of the best engineers with reputations that precede them, has seen them work on prestigious projects in all sectors across the UK.
The environment in which you will work in is a genuinely friendly one where by help and support is always at hand should you need it, or if you should just want a second opinion. If you have an idea, your input will be valued whether you are a junior or an associate in this collaborative environment. The type of engineer at intermediate level who will fit into this setup will need to be confident but also have an open mind and a willingness to learn. The principal engineers of the practice all have at least ten years' experience in building services engineering consultancy and possess industry recognised qualifications further cementing my client's reputation for producing very good engineers.
The ideal engineer will possess the following:
- Degree qualified in Building Services/electrical engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 2 Years' experience -essential
- Aviation building services experience - preferable not essential
- CAD experience - preferable not essential
- Proficient use of Amtech Pro-design
- Proficient use of Dialux
- Registered and active with CIBSE/IET and be working towards becoming chartered
- Be proficient in applying BS7671 to electrical design and installation
- Be enthusiastic about solving onsite and offsite electrical issues
- Team orientated
- Have an understanding of business development and be alert to new opportunities
- Be proactive about learning
- Be proactive about developing new business relationships
- Have a commercial mind-set to design
- Commutable to Egham
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic engineer looking to cement their position with a very modern thinking consultancy, and also looking to progress along a clear career development path. A very competitive package will be offered to the right person with the right attitude.