A new requirement for an Electrical Design Engineer for a specialist Multi-disciplined Building Services Consultancy based in Hertfordshire has become available. My client are currently working on Vodafone's large scale data centre build, with a top 5 University on a £50m project, with Regus building a 20,000 sq ft plus commercial site and other FT 100 companies. In addition, my client is working on one of the most interesting and complex Trading Floor projects for a prestigious financial company. Project values are often in excess of £50m.
You will play a big part in delivering these projects and will be given a lot of opportunity to progress to a Senior and Principle/Associate level as my client are expanding rapidly and expecting more growth.
As an Electrical Design Engineer you will be responsible for the electrical designs across a number of client projects in the UK. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplined team. You will be responsible for the following:
- Some direct work with the client from concept/feasibility stage
- Conduct initial and detailed designs on major large scale projects
- HVAC design calculations
- Electrical Designs on a number of projects across different sectors
- Liaison with architects, clients, structural engineers and contractors
To be successful when applying for the Electrical Design Engineer role you will possess the following skills and/or experience:
- Good Electrical Design (Building Services) Engineering experience
- Good Electrical Design skills
- Knowledge of British Standards and Building regulations
- Good communication skills, both oral and written