As part of an increase in workload my client who specialise in Large Mixed Use developments, Master Planning Schemes, District Heating Systems and Hotel projects, is seeking an Intermediate Electrical Engineer. The company was founded in the early 80's and has grown exponentially with two new offices opening soon. They have more than 70 staff who have built a reputation for being flexible and responsive to changing environments, but staying focused on client and end user needs.
- 3 years minimum experience
- Relevant degree in electrical engineering, or equivalent qualification
- Possess excellent technical knowledge in their primary discipline and a thorough. understanding of building services engineering through all stages of the design process.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment, with excellent communication skills with both internal and external clients.
- Experience in delivering a mixture of development typologies, ranging from individual.
Residential properties to commercial offices/hotels/residential etc.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD software.
- Knowledge of Building Regulations Part B, G, F & L
- Writing and reviewing technical specifications for tender and construction
- Building Services Design from Conceptualisation through to Practical Completion
- Responding to clients' needs, meeting with clients, developing and producing reports, specifications and guidance or overseeing testing and commissioning activities.
- Experience of using Hevacomp.
Optional Qualifications / Experience:
- Working knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and associated software
- User of IES Virtual Environment (IES-VE) software
- Knowledge of Sustainability assessment methods (BREEAM, Code for Sustainable Homes, PassivHaus)
- Experience in completion of SAP, iSBEM and/or Dynamic Simulation Modelling (DSM) calculations
My client offer a unique place to work, where collaboration and support is provided from Junior through to Director Level. The company is a professional member of the Chartered Institute of Building Service Engineers (CIBSE) and actively encourages staff to progress Chartered status, supported through CPD events and in-house training.