I am currently seeking an Intermediate/Senior level Mechanical Design Engineer with the ability to run their own projects, carrying out full detailed design for a practice based in Hertfordshire.
The Practice has participated in many projects over 60 years involving the renovation of Historic Buildings, Pharmaceutical Buildings, Healthcare Facilities, Residential Developments and Educational Buildings including the world famous Colleges of Cambridge, and the University of Cambridge.
My client offers an excellent package, salary + paid overtime, pension, and various CPD opportunities.
- Capable of managing (assisting if intermediate level) a portfolio of projects including works at both planning and detailed design stages.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with the internal management of the company from Graduate to Director Level.
- Externally you will be required to liaise with Clients, Architects and contractors.
- Working within a team of engineers and to ensure effective delivery of projects.
- Completion of various calculations for system sizing.
- Liaising directly with Clients, Architects and Contractors on projects to ensure we meet client needs.
- Liaise with senior members of staff to ensure that targets are met.
- Building Services Design from Conceptualisation through to Practical Completion.
- Building Services Consultancy Experience.
- BEng / HND in relevant discipline (Mechanical Engineering)
- Experience in completion of ventilation, heating, cooling and water sizing.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD software and IES although not essential.
- On site/off the tools experience would also be an advantage.