My client is an award winning consultancy founded in the early 90's with the sole aim of providing clients with the highest quality of building services consultancy. Due to the continued growth of the company and recent appointment on new projects, my client is looking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer to be based at their office close to London Bridge, to work on a range of projects across a variety of sectors.
The main duties include design, specify and project management of HVAC systems, hot and cold water systems, and above ground drainage for multiple projects, acting as part of the larger design team. The role will also include attending project meetings under the guidance of a Line Manager and Director helping to generate repeat business through continued care of clients. Although office based this role will include nationwide travel, and occasionally venturing into Europe to undertaken meetings, surveys and site inspections.
- Undertake calculations using IES.
- Produce drawings and specifications in line with client requirements.
- Carry out condition surveys and dilapidation surveys.
- Produce CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) reports.
- Input into Part L calculations.
- Input into BREEAM calculations and design.
- Prepare budgets for proposed works.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services or qualified at least to HNC or HND level.
- Minimum of four years' experience of detailed design within a consultancy environment.
- Knowledge of British Standards.
- Knowledge of UK Building Regulations.
- Working knowledge of BREEAM.
- Experience using Hevacomp and IES.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Experience preparing and writing reports.
- Current UK driving licence.