A fantastic opportunity for a Junior/Intermediate Electrical Engineer to work for a leading Engineering Consultancy with world class expertise in Building Services has arisen. A career with this award winning company will not only mean working for one of Europe's largest engineering consultancies, but you will form part of a global network of 7,000 professionals based around some of 300 offices across multiple European countries.
In this role you'll be responsible for:
* Producing design deliverables (basic calculations, drawings, sketches, reports etc) to achieve the optimum engineering solution for the project in accordance with IMS and project requirements.
* Undertake significant elements of concept and detail design, under the direction of the Project Engineer and with assistance from colleagues.
* Check supplier proposals against project requirements.
* Liaise with and manage equipment suppliers during project execution.
* Work in close collaboration with colleagues from other disciplines as required.
* Participate in technical reviews.
* Attend internal project review meetings.
* Ensure health and safety continues to be at the heart of all our operations.
* Recommend / implement improvements to technical policy, processes and design solutions where applicable and share via the knowledge management channels as appropriate.
* Design and coordination of building systems.
* Organising project plans and technical scheduling works inspections.
* Design sketches, layouts and schematics for plant and systems.
* Using appropriate technologies in all areas of work.
* Prepare specifications and schedules which define the plant and equipment selection and performance criteria.
To be successful in this role you'll possess:
* A degree in Building Services or Electrical Engineering (Building Services related)
* Working knowledge of MEP Revit (essential).
* A desire to work towards a recognised professional qualification and chartership/membership of appropriate professional bodies (Cibse)
* Multi-disciplined buildings background. Ideally supported by first degree in an Engineering discipline, Architectural Engineering or closely related discipline.
* Practical understanding of design, operation or commissioning of building mechanical technologies.
* Experience of design, coordination and construction of building projects.
* Experience of concept and detail design of building services installations.
* Basic familiarity with design software packages.
* Ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and to produce written reports in clear English.
* Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
* Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met
* Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions
* Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
Benefits package, including pension, generous holiday (in addition to statutory bank holidays) and support for your professional development including payment of two professional institution subscriptions annually. You will also be enrolled onto the Chartership program from day one if you so wish.