As part of an increase in workload my client, a respected consultancy of over 30 years, is seeking a highly motivated and ambitious Junior Sustainability Engineer to join their existing Sustainability department. The Sustainability team works on a number of internal and external projects, ranging from conceptualisation to practical delivery.
The primary focus will be on conducting BREEAM assessments and SAP calculations, on impressive projects ranging from individual high end private houses, large scale urban regeneration, hotels, commercial offices, education facilities and retail/leisure projects, with construction values beyond £200 million. The role will also involve thermal modelling analysis along with providing sustainable design advice and reporting.
- Working within a team of Sustainability engineers and to ensure effective delivery of projects and tasks to meet the deadlines set by the senior engineers.
- Good technical report writing skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexible to deal with varying workload.
- A passion for sustainability in the built environment.
- Completion of BREEAM assessments from Pre-Assessment to Post Construction.
- Completion of SAP calculations for residential developments.
- Thermal modelling analysis for non-domestic buildings.
- Completion of Code for Sustainable Homes assessments from Pre-Assessment to Post Construction.
- Supporting planning applications through Energy/Sustainability Statements, Overheating and Daylight/Sunlight Assessments.
- Liaising directly with Clients, Architects and Contractors on projects to ensure we meet client needs and to ensure that projects are delivered on programme.
Required Qualifications / Experience:
* BSc / BEng in relevant discipline
* Experience in delivering BREEAM assessments.
* Experience in completion of SAP, iSBEM and/or Dynamic Simulation Modelling (DSM) calculations.
Optional Qualifications / Experience:
* Experience in use of IES software.
* Experience in use of NHER or Elmhurst software.
* Experience in delivering Code for Sustainable Homes assessments.