An international mechanical and electrical contractor that operates across industrial, rail, pharmaceutical, power and energy, commercial and high end residential sectors have a unique opportunity for a M&E Engineering Design Manager to jopin their specialist enery and building services consultancy division.
The position is based in the London office for projects in the UK. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is looking for further career progression and personal development.
The Engineering Manager will lead the Design Engineering team in providing technical support to the business development, estimating and onsite construction teams.
As Engineering Manager of Design & Build, you'll have a pivotal role to play in the continued success of District Heating and Energy Centre installations. Not only will you be responsible for building, leading and developing a world-class team, you'll also take responsibility for all aspects of build design, from contract award to handover.
The role will involve heading up a programme of complex district heating work throughout the UK. You'll look at ways that we can minimise business and technical risk, you'll develop our design delivery strategy and you'll support and directly contribute to the ongoing growth of our District Heating business.
On a day-to-day level, you can expect to appraise and interpret client requirements to make sure we always deliver on the technical, legislative and commercial aspects of each project. Your responsibilities will also include leading the design team for district heating networks, from calculations to equipment selection and process operation, and liaising with people across the team to make sure essential design information is always shared.
- Significant experience in leading teams in the district heating industry and extensive experience within building services
- Exceptional team management skills - you'll be adept at leading, motivating and developing a diverse design and installation team.
- Strong auditing and risk assessment skills, including a practical knowledge of HAZOP.
- Lead the preparation of technical and contract documentation for issue and analyses of returned tenders
- Assisting projects with value engineering and financial control of contracts during construction stage
- Liaise and co-ordinate with clients, other members of the design team and contractors on technical and commercial issues
- Master / Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Over 10yrs Post Graduate industry experience.
- Have very good IT skills, and working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office packages.
- Proven experience of design, installation, commissioning and operation of District heating schemes including various types of CHP, LTWH, BCWS, Chilled water, Biomass, Boiler and BMS systems.
- An understanding of Industry Regulations, Legislation, Codes of Practice and current Design Standards applicable to the engineering sector.
- A solid understanding of and training in Industry Health & Safety legislation requirements.
- Strong auditing and risk assessment skills
This is a place where you put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear, working alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people.