Our client is soon starting the delivery of a very large Healthcare project based in Surrey and therefore, they require an M&E Package Manager for a 12-month contract.
The role will involve working alongside the M&E Contractor, M&E Sub Contractors and the M&E design consultancy. The work will be carried out in accordance with the design/spec or employers' requirements and ensuring all mechanical and electrical installation is carried out to the highest standard.
This role is technically challenging and will involve overseeing work within heat, cooling and power security of supply within a complex existing mechanical and electrical infrastructure. Measures include a large energy centre refit, lighting re-fits, HVAC modifications, solar PV, controls optimisations etc.
You will be in charge of managing pre-construction duties, trouble-shooting design issues with technical support, working with the senior commercial team in appointing the specialist M&E subcontractors, developing and managing the construction site teams and managing works effectively through the construction stages to commissioning and final handover to the Operations team.
- Preparation of Site Management plans
- Reviewing and approval of subcontractors site documentation including but not limited to;
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements, Installation programmes, Test and Inspection documentation.
- Be capable of managing sub-contractors to deliver their package of goods or services
- Organise resources to work additional hours as required to meet project deadlines (e.g. extended site hours if required by client).
- Liaison with the client's operational staff to ensure work is undertaken in accordance with construction schedule and clients' site requirements
- Coordination and liaison with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installation and construction teams.
- Specifying and managing plant and equipment.
- Maintain an asset register of all equipment.
- Ensure operatives are assured of their roles and responsibilities.
Desirable skills and competencies:
- M&E site management experience ideally in hospital construction work (new build or refurb)
- An industry applicable ONC or City & Guilds / NVQ equivalent
- Well-developed time management and organisational skills
- Good conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- An inspirational manager that can get the best out of individuals and teams. Can build consensus, work in a matrix structure, deliver performance and outcomes, and drive the professional and personal development of team members.