A new requirement for a Mechanical Design Engineer for a specialist Multi-disciplined Building Services Consultancy based in Milton Keynes has become available. My client is currently working with clients such as Tesco, Marks & Spencers, Sainsbury, Ocado, Dairy Crest Group and other blue chip company's delivery Industrial Building Services projects. Project values are often in excess of £250m.
You will play a big part in delivering these projects and will be given a lot of opportunity to progress to Principle/Associate level as my client are expanding rapidly and expecting more growth.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible for the mechanical designs across a number of client projects in the UK. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplined team. You will be responsible for the following:
- Some direct work with the client from concept/feasibility stage
- Conduct initial and detailed designs on major large scale projects
- HVAC design calculations
- Mechanical Designs on a number of projects across different sectors
- Liaison with architects, clients, structural engineers and contractors
To be successful when applying for the Mechanical Design Engineer role you will possess the following skills and/or experience:
- Good Mechanical Design (Building Services) Engineering experience
- Good Mechanical Design skills
- HVAC experience
- Knowledge of British Standards and Building regulations
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services or equivalent level