I am looking for a Contract Mechanical Design Engineer to join and assist an independent design consultancy in Essex. You will provide mechanical and electrical engineering services to a wide range of clients within the commercial, residential and mixed use development.
The role will involve:
- Acting as project leader on selected projects
- Working as part of a larger team on certain projects.
- Raising/promoting the level of technical excellence relating to mechanical engineering within the team.
- Client facing work.
- Working closely with others in a team environment.
- Producing drawings and specifications.
- Producing calculations or guiding others to complete them.
- Managing the mechanical engineering aspects of other more junior members of the team.
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- A degree qualification - mechanical or building services (Chartered or working towards). An HNC or HND with suitable design experience will also be considered.
- Significant experience of design in building services, post qualification completion.
- Client interaction skills.
- Knowledge of British standards, building regulations documents, etc.
If you feel this is a role that fits you please get in touch.