A privately-owned multinational M&E turnkey Design & Build Contractor are currently seeking a Mechanical Estimator to join their growing London office.
This Contractor is renowned for its massive and high-profile residential and mixed-use developments across London and the United Kingdom for blue chip clientele including, main contractors, end users and large residential developers.
Role & responsibilities:
- To be responsible for costing variations.
- Ensure that enquiries and tenders are managed in accordance with company procedures.
- Negotiate and prepare quotations for works.
- Ensure compliance is met.
- Produce accurate estimates and tenders.
- Producing regular updates and monthly statistics.
- Work with all sub-contractors to ensure accurate.
- Conduct research for cost effective and profitable bids / tenders.
- Conduct benchmarking evaluation on tenders received.
- Submit internal tender analysis prior to submission for sign-off.
- Prepare tender submission in line with the client's specification and evaluation.
- Maintain tracker for all projects from estimate stage throughout the project's life cycle.
- Meet and liaise with clients.
- At least 5 years of mechanical estimating experience.
- Mechanical engineering degree qualified.
- Strong communication skills.
- Time management and planning.
- High Attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills and relevant knowledge of estimation software.
- Able to work as a part of a team and individually.
- Hard working & self-sufficient.