Principal Electrical Engineer
£50k - £58K + Package
I work with one of the most established and recognised building services design consultancies in the UK. They have a reputation for delivering some of the UK’s most iconic projects and are continuously finalists of awards including CIBSE, ASHRAE, IOB, Building, BIFM. They consistently make the top 20 year on year of engineering consultancies in the UK and you will regularly see individual engineers from this company shortlisted for various engineering awards.
As a Principal Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for leading, supporting and delivering a range of designs for various projects across the Leisure, Residential, Healthcare, Defence, Arts, Retail, Sports and Data Centre sectors. Other responsibilities for the role includes.
- Taking briefs and delivering on projects from inception to completion
- Ensuring all work undertaken under your control is undertaken to relevant and applicable UK and EU regulations, design guides etc.
- Developing and producing reports, specifications, guidance notes and general correspondence ensuring quality and technical quality standards are met
- Effectively utilising and checking work undertaken by others on Amtech and Dialux, Microsoft office and other software
- Attending and contributing to design team meetings, client meetings, pre-contract and post-contract meetings
- Effectively delegating and managing work packages ensuring support and guidance is provided to team members including the mentoring of graduates, technical and other staff
- Fee management
- Limiting the companies’ exposure to risk through the use of appropriate/ timely design, resourcing and correspondence actions, taking responsibility for raising potential problems and identifying solutions
If you are successful in this position you will be rewarded not only by taking satisfaction in achieving great results, but also be exposed to a first rate training programme that will enable you to develop your skills and business acumen to become and established engineer with a view to becoming an Associate Engineer and managing your own teams.
For more information or to be considered, call Chris Bennett or send in your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org