I am searching for a Principal Electrical Engineer who not only has solid experience and technical ability, but a great personality and drive to succeed within a company that are held in very high regard across the UK.
My client is at the forefront of engineering design for the built environment. They are also one of the largest firms of consulting engineers in the UK, specialising in mechanical, electrical and public health (MEP) engineering. The focus is on growth, both in the UK and overseas. This is reflected by an impressive project portfolio covering everything from simple feasibility studies to some of the biggest schemes in the world. My client is also proud to have some of the most skilled and experienced in engineers in the industry, often developed from graduate level.
Although my client is large in size with a firm hold in every corner of the UK, they are small enough to recognise their employees as individuals; this has led to a culture of flexibility, individualism and organic growth. Each office has a very close knit feel to it encouraging a happy working environment. They also encourage all of their people to influence the way things are done. They like their engineers to have a voice and an opinion. A key selling point is that my client provides stability and the opportunity to work on some of the most iconic projects in the UK, and overseas. High levels of employee retention is a great indication that they are doing something right to keep employees happy.
As a Principal Electrical Building Services Engineer you will be responsible for supporting and delivering designs for a range of project types and sizes. Leading the design of electrical building services including electrical power distribution, lighting design, fire alarm ad security systems. You will be responsible for concept and detailed design and construction stage management.
Working alongside the Team Leader, you will be responding to client needs, meeting with Clients, developing and producing reports, specifications and overseeing testing and commissioning activities. You will work closely as a team to ensure the best results are achieve for clients.
- Taking briefs and delivering on projects from inception to completion
- Ensuring all work undertaken under your control is undertaken to relevant and applicable UK and EU regulations, design guides etc.
- Developing and producing reports, specifications, guidance notes and general correspondence ensuring quality and technical quality standards are met
- Effectively utilising and checking work undertaken by others on Amtech and Dialux, Microsoft office and other software
- Attending and contributing to design team meetings, client meetings, pre-contract and post-contract meetings
- Effectively delegating and managing work packages ensuring support and guidance is provided to team members including the mentoring of graduates, technical and other staff
- Fee management
- Limiting my clients exposure to risk through the use of appropriate/timely design, resourcing and correspondence actions, taking responsibility for raising potential problems and identifying solutions
You will have a relevant degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent qualification. Have excellent technical knowledge in your primary discipline and a thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process.
You will have experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment, with excellent communication skills both internal and external clients, and a team-based work approach, you will appreciate that holistic working is central to good design and you will have experience across a range of projects.
With previous consultancy experience, you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings and be adept at analysing and interpreting their impact on your work.
In return you will be offered professional development training to progress your career with ongoing support. You will also be able to stake claim to working on major London construction projects from day one. The position promises exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients ensuring you grow into a very well rounded engineer. You will also be supported towards further professional accreditation. Last but not least, my client offers a very competitive salary plus benefits.