I have an excellent opportunity for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to work in a very specific role based in South London. My client is an established company of Consulting Engineers providing engineering solutions for the construction industry.
Over the past 40 years they have acquired considerable experience with many types of buildings including offices, business parks, residential, retail, leisure and education. They balance this experience with a desire to be progressive and innovative and deliver the results to their clients. There is a real mix of experience amongst their qualified engineers and consultants who have a depth of expertise including design and contracting experience. This blend of knowledge is vital to provide insight at key project stages to identify the crucial situations and the critical issues which lead to successful projects.
In order to qualify for this role you must demonstrate longevity on your CV with at least 4/5 years employed by one company in a permanent position. You must have recent UK experience working within a similar building services design role with a focus on Commercial CAT A project experience. To secure an interview with my client it is important that you're a driven individual and comfortable progressing in this hands on, but client facing role.
- The candidate will need to be able to work on their own and as part of the wider team
- A willingness to learn new skills is essential as the business develops
- Good level of experience across different sectors (commercial, hotel, residential, mixed use, student accommodation, care homes, surveys etc). Strong commercial experience.
- Ability to prepare conceptual designs and assist with the preparation of the client brief
- Good level of oral and written communication at all levels internally and externally including good report writing skills.
- Ability to represent my client at design team and client meetings and converse effectively with different teams within the company.
- Ability to give technical presentations to the professional team
- Team management- Ability to take the lead and manage projects internally and externally in respect of deliverables, resources and financials.
- Ability to set targets and monitor workload against deliverables.
- Good understanding of BSRIA BG6 and RIBA stages.
- Ability to review appointment documents against a scope of services and highlight differences.
- Financial management- Ability to understand and control changes and negotiate additional fees with the client that may be due.
- General understanding of other MEP engineering disciplines.
- Managing site coordination meetings with contractors.
- Project management and client reporting.
- Mentor for junior staff.
- Lead by example in respect of Health and safety and Quality Assurance
- Business development and general marketing. Build relationships and contacts.
- Involvement with preparing fee proposals, and undertaking pitches and presentations for new work.
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills will be required in order to build working relationships with the client teams internally and externally
- 10 years' minimum experience
- Good references to be made available on request
- Competent with (as a minimum);
- Hevacomp or IES
- A good understanding of Part L, BREEAM, renewable technology etc.
Please only apply if you match the criteria above, particularly regarding UK Commercial CAT A experience with minimal movement on your CV.