A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to work for a leading Engineering Consultancy with world class expertise in Building Services has arisen. A career with this award winning company will not only mean working for one of Europe's largest engineering consultancies, but you will form part of a global network of 7,000 professionals based around some of 300 offices across multiple European countries.
Suitable candidates will be experienced electrical engineers with at least 5 years experience in the same or similar role, who have post graduate experience in a design environment, and have excellent design and communication skills. Experience leading client meetings is a must, as is mentoring less experienced engineers. Although this consultancy delivers exceptional cutting edge projects across all sectors, the primary focus of this appointment is to lead a ground-breaking project in the Capital to create an innovative education and social hub - bringing social and educational benefits to the local community.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* Lead teams working on demanding large-scale innovative projects in the UK and overseas.
* Working closely with clients, architects and other members of the professional team you will take an active role in establishing the brief of projects, leading design and developing potential solutions in order to assist in delivering high quality projects in a timely and cost effective manner.
* You will represent the company in client meetings, lead negotiations with the local authorities and undertake site visits/inspections.
* You will also be required to write detailed reports and specifications.
* You will manage and coordinate the input of other Building Services disciplines.
* Master of Engineering (MEng) in Electrical or Building Services Engineering.
* Experience of large commercial fit out design for corporate clients would be an advantage.
* Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
* Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met
* Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions
* Take responsibility for personal development
* Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
* Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
* Able to recognise own impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate
* Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery
* You will have the ability and drive to move to the next level in your career after an appropriate period.
Benefits package, including pension, generous holiday (in addition to statutory bank holidays) and support for your professional development including payment of two professional institution subscriptions annually. You will also be enrolled onto the Chartership program from day one if you so wish.