The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of projects across varying market sectors including; MOD, Commercial, Network Rail and Residential. You will be involved in delivering services from inception / feasibility through too detailed and fully coordinated design information to installation quality.
Additionally, the successful candidate shall be well versed in undertaking project inspections, fault finding and maintenance assessments. You will be required to deliver client focused effective design solutions, and have a good working knowledge of cost and value in design. Knowledge of RIBA stage 4 would definitely be an advantage.
I am looking for a dynamic individual whose skills and experience should include:
- Undertaking feasibility studies.
- Undertake building dilapidation surveys and prepare associated reports.
- Reviewing infrastructure designs, preparing load calculations and prepare / applying initial utility services applications.
- Preparation of detailed budget costs and defined estimates if required.
- Prepare concept deign information from RIBA stage 2, 3, and 4 in support of project concept design development.
- Understand the requirements and have proven experience of delivering regulatory obligations associated with Building Regulations Part L and BREEAM.
- Work with the mechanical/energy/Part L engineers to derive low energy design solutions.
- Undertaking sub-contractor design drawing and technical submission reviews.
- Undertaking site quality and legislative inspections and prepare associated reports.
- Supervising commissioning of electrical services.
Qualifications, Experience & Attributes
- Degree or HNC in relevant subject.
- Chartered Engineer, although not essential.
- Articulate and able to communicate at all levels
- Be a team player, but able to operate at an individual level
- Experience of UK standards and Regulations (UK building service experience)