An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join a privately owned Building Services Consultancy in the Midlands. Established nearly 20 years ago and employing over 100 staff, my client offers the chance of exposure to a large and diverse project portfolio on some of the UK's most notable developments.
My client provides forward thinking solutions and a wide range of energy, mechanical and electrical consultancy services to all sectors of the built environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of projects across varying market sectors, and for delivering services from inception / feasibility through to detailed and fully coordinated design information to installation quality.
Additionally the successful candidate shall be well versed in undertaking project inspections, fault finding and maintenance assessments.
You will be required to deliver client focused effective design solutions, and have a good working knowledge of cost and value in design. I am looking for a dynamic individual whose skills and experience should include:
- Undertake feasibility studies.
- Undertake building dilapidation surveys and prepare associated reports.
- Reviewing infrastructure designs, preparing load calculations and prepare / applying initial utility services applications.
- Preparation of detailed budget costs and defined estimates if required.
- Prepare concept design information from RIBA stage 2 and 3 in support of project concept design development.
- Understand the requirements and have proven experience of delivering regulatory obligations associated with Building Regulations Part L and BREEAM.
- Work with the mechanical/energy/Part L engineers to derive low energy design solutions.
- Attend design team and project meetings on behalf of the company.
- Prepare specifications/equipment schedules/drawing and information to installation and fully coordinated standards (RIBA Stage 5).
- Undertaking sub-contractor design drawing and technical submission reviews.
- Undertaking site quality and legislative inspections and prepare associated reports.
- Supervising commissioning of mechanical services.
Qualifications, Experience & Attributes
- Degree or HNC in relevant subject.
- Detailed knowledge, understanding and usage of industry standard Building Services design packages.
- Chartered Engineer, although not essential.
- Smartly dressed and presented
- Articulate and able to communicate at all levels
- Be a team player, but able to operate at an individual level