Join a leading design consultancy that provides mechanical engineering services to a wide range of clients within the Pharmaceutical & Food processing Sector. They know that having the right people at the core of the business allows them to offer superior quality and diversified services to their clients. They are currently seeking a senior mechanical design engineer to join their team based in Buckinghamshire on a contract basis.
The role will involve:
- Acting as project leader on selected projects
- Working as part of a larger team on certain projects.
- Attending principal meetings and making client presentations on selected projects.
- Raising/promoting the level of technical excellence relating to mechanical engineering within the team.
- Working on a variety of interesting projects across varied sectors.
- Client facing work.
- Managing a team of two junior engineers
- Working closely with others in a team environment.
- Producing drawings and specifications.
- Producing calculations or guiding others to complete them.
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- A degree qualification - mechanical or building services (Chartered or working towards). An HNC or HND with suitable design experience will also be considered.
- Significant experience of design in building services, post qualification completion.
- Client interaction skills.
- Software design ideally including Microsoft Office, Hevacomp, IES, TAS or Cymap.
- Knowledge of British standards, building regulations documents, etc.
- Knowledge of HTMs would also be of benefit.
- Professional membership (CIBSE, IET, IMechE).