Join a leading Building Services Design Consultancy that provides mechanical and electrical engineering services to a wide range of clients and market sectors. It is an award winning company that is large enough to provide stability and opportunity, but small enough to recognise its people as individuals.
They know that having the right people at the core of the business allows them to offer superior quality and diversified services to their clients.
They are currently seeking a senior mechanical design engineer to join their building services team based in London on a contract basis.
The role will involve:
- Acting as project leader on selected projects
- Working as part of a larger team on certain projects.
- Attending principal meetings and making client presentations on selected projects.
- Raising/promoting the level of technical excellence relating to mechanical engineering within the team.
- Working on a variety of interesting projects across varied sectors.
- Client facing work.
- Working closely with others in a team environment.
- Producing drawings and specifications.
- Producing calculations or guiding others to complete them.
- Managing the mechanical engineering aspects of other more junior members of the team.
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- A degree qualification - mechanical or building services (Chartered or working towards). An HNC or HND with suitable design experience will also be considered.
- Significant experience of design in building services, post qualification completion.
- Client interaction skills.
- Software design ideally including Microsoft Office, Hevacomp, IES, TAS or Cymap.
- Knowledge of British standards, building regulations documents, etc.
- Knowledge of HTMs would also be of benefit.
- Professional membership (CIBSE, IET, IMechE).