Join a leading multidisciplinary consultancy that provides mechanical and electrical engineering services to a wide range of clients and market sectors. It is an award winning company that is large enough to provide stability and opportunity, but small enough to recognise its people as individuals.
They know that having the right people at the core of the business allows them to offer superior quality and diversified services to their clients.
They pride themselves in selecting the right people and providing excellent support, training and career progression opportunities, no matter what role within the company. On offer is a excellent salary and benefits package with a scale that allows them the flexibility to attract the best candidates for the position and all new staff with the freedom to choose benefits to suit their lifestyle.
They are seeking a senior mechanical design engineer to join their building services team based in Ipswich.
The role will involve:
- Acting as project leader on selected projects
- Working as part of a larger team on certain projects.
- Attending principal meetings and making client presentations on selected projects.
- Raising/promoting the level of technical excellence relating to mechanical engineering within the team.
- Over time, developing the ability to become a point of contact for key clients.
- Helping generate repeat business through customer care of existing clients.
- Working on a variety of interesting projects across varied sectors.
- Client facing work.
- Working closely with others in a team environment.
- Producing drawings and specifications.
- Producing calculations or guiding others to complete them.
- Managing the mechanical engineering aspects of other more junior members of the team.
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- A degree qualification - mechanical or building services (Chartered or working towards). An HNC or HND with suitable design experience will also be considered.
- Significant experience of design in building services, post qualification completion.
- Client interaction skills.
- Software design ideally including Microsoft Office, Hevacomp, IES, TAS or Cymap.
- Knowledge of British standards, building regulations documents, etc.
- Knowledge of HTMs would also be of benefit.
- Professional membership (CIBSE, IET, IMechE).