A leading construction company who are heavily involved in the design and build of large MOD projects are looking for someone to work as a mechanical design engineer. Working as part of a team and play a key role complex yet exciting projects. This project is to last a minimum of six months and will start immediately.
The role will involve:
- Acting as project leader on selected projects
- Working as part of a larger team on certain projects.
- Raising/promoting the level of technical excellence relating to mechanical engineering within the team.
- Working on a variety of interesting projects across varied sectors.
- Client facing work.
- Working closely with others in a team environment.
- Producing drawings and specifications.
- Producing calculations or guiding others to complete them.
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- A degree qualification - mechanical or building services (Chartered or working towards). An HNC or HND with suitable design experience will also be considered.
- Significant experience of design in building services, post qualification completion.
- Client interaction skills.
- Software design ideally including Microsoft Office, Hevacomp, IES, TAS or Cymap.
- Knowledge of British standards, building regulations documents, etc.