I have a long term contract to work with a leading design consultancy that provides mechanical and electrical engineering services to a wide range of commercial projects in London. They are currently seeking a senior mechanical engineer (building services) who has strong fit out experience to assist on a number of projects based in Central London.
The role will involve:
- Producing drawings and specifications.
- Producing calculations or guiding others to complete them.
- Managing the mechanical engineering aspects of other more junior members of the team.
- Acting as project leader on selected projects
- Working as part of a larger team on certain projects.
- Attending principal meetings and making client presentations on selected projects.
- Raising/promoting the level of technical excellence relating to mechanical engineering within the team.
- Over time, developing the ability to become a point of contact for key clients.
- Helping generate repeat business through customer care of existing clients.
- Working on a variety of interesting projects across varied sectors.
- Client facing work.
- Working closely with others in a team environment.
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- A degree qualification - mechanical or building services (Chartered or working towards). An HNC or HND with suitable design experience will also be considered.
- Significant experience of design in building services, post qualification completion.
- Client interaction skills.
- Software design ideally including Microsoft Office, Hevacomp, IES, TAS or Cymap.
- Knowledge of British standards, building regulations documents, etc.
- Knowledge of HTMs would also be of benefit.
- Professional membership (CIBSE, IET, IMechE).