A new requirement for a Mechanical Design Engineer for a specialist Building Services Consultancy based in Nottingham has become available. This contract will be between 3-6 months providing design and management to a large Student Accommodation project.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible for the mechanical designs solely for this projects in the UK. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Some direct work with the client from concept/feasibility stage
- Conduct initial and detailed designs on major large scale projects
- HVAC design calculations
- Mechanical Designs on a number of projects across different sectors
- Liaison with architects, clients, structural engineers and contractors
To be successful when applying for the Mechanical Design Engineer role you will possess the following skills and/or experience:
- Good Mechanical Design (Building Services) Engineering experience
- Good Mechanical Design skills
- HVAC experience
- Knowledge of British Standards and Building regulations
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent level