I am currently working on a new vacancy for a well known and very well respected building services consultancy. This multiple CIBSE award winning company would like to offer the opportunity to a Senior Mechanical design engineer to step into this exciting role and immediately take on and lead projects in multiple sectors.
I want to speak to engineers who feel as though they will have a positive influence on more junior engineers and those who can build strong and trusting relationships with key clients. Although the consultancy in question have maintained a very strong position in the market and have influenced building services for many years helping them to expand across the UK and the Middle East, you will not fall into the "small cog, big wheel" category as you will have your say and input on decisions big and small with full exposure to colleagues from graduate level up to director level.
As a senior mechanical engineer you will be responsible for supporting and delivering designs whilst working alongside the team leader and dealing with clients face-to-face. You will be developing and producing reports and specifications, as well as overseeing commissioning and testing activities.
You will have a relevant degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification. You will also be technically minded in your discipline with a well-rounded knowledge of building services engineering and experience working on projects from inception to completion.
You must also possess the following:
- Ability and commitment to effectively deliver to demanding timescales.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
- IT literate with a technical understanding of relevant IT packages i.e. Amtec, Hevacomp, IES and Microsoft office
- Able to work under own initiative handling small to medium sized projects of average to above average complexity from inception to completion.
- Able to work with and have an appreciation in the integration of other construction professionals' requirements for the project.
- Professional, personable and competent manner
- Able to positively work as part of a team and motivate junior team members.
- Have an appreciation of fee cost control and resource planning.
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Able to develop effective client and fellow professional relationships at a project level for future business growth.
Additional Key Responsibilities:
- Able to work with and have an appreciation of the integration of other construction professionals' requirements for the project
- Ensuring that all work under their control is undertaken to relevant and applicable UK and EU regulations, design guides etc
- Effectively utilising and checking work undertaken by others on Amtec and/or Hevacomp, IES, Microsoft office and other software
- Ensuring that coordination is achieved with the services in your primary discipline of mechanical services design with those of the other disciplines and that of fellow professionals.
- Reviewing and commenting on information provided by the client and other members of the professional team.
- Reviewing and commenting on information provided by contactors/sub-contractors and providing a written report on their compliance with the design and specification.
- Reviewing the installation of the services and providing a written report on your compliance with the design and specification.
- Witnessing of selected testing and commissioning results and providing a written report on your compliance with the design and specification.
- Attending and contributing to design team meetings, client meetings, pre-contract and post-contract meetings.
- Effectively delivering the required output to meet timescales agreed with the Team Leader/Executive Engineer.
This is a great opportunity to grow from strength to strength within a social but professional environment, whilst working on some truly prestigious projects on very a clear and structured career pathway.
Do not hesitate to get in touch for an informal and confidential conversation regarding the role and more importantly to discuss exactly what your needs and expectations are for the future.