My client is a multidisciplinary property and construction consultancy with several offices throughout the UK. Due to continued success and a heavy workload, they are looking to make several appointments across various offices. The London office requires a client facing Senior Mechanical Design Engineer reporting to the Director, helping to bridge the gap between a growing team of MEP design engineers and senior management.
Projects typically worked on range from large-scale new build and refurbishment projects to smaller value design and construction work, providing construction and property consultancy across all sectors and disciplines. Sustainability is of the utmost importance which has helped my client deliver innovative and practical energy-saving designs, or assist clients with reducing the carbon footprint of their existing buildings.
As a Practice my client adds value at every stage of development, from initial survey and concept planning through to the design, engineering and fit-out of interior spaces. Much of their success and growth has come from repeat business as they believe in establishing strong relationships initially, which then evolve into even stronger partnerships.
- Degree qualified (Building Services or Mechanical Engineering, or industry equivalent)
- At least 5 years experience within a Building Services Consultancy environment.
- Experience using IES and knowledge of thermal modelling.
- Managing a team of design engineers.
- Liaising directly with Clients, Architects and Contractors on projects to ensure client needs are met and ensuring that projects are delivered on time.
- Completion of co-ordination with varying disciplines, including architecture, structures and other design team consultants.
In return my client offers a unique place to work, where collaboration and support is provided from Junior through to Director Level. The company is a professional member of the Chartered Institute of Building Service Engineers (CIBSE) and actively encourages staff to progress Chartered status, supported through CPD events and in-house training.