My client is a top 20 UK multi-disciplinary property and construction consultancy, specialising in many different sectors within the Built Environment. They were established more than 50 years ago and employ several hundred staff who have delivered many projects in the UK and Globally. Due to growth they are seeking an excellent Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their Building Services team.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer you will joining a very experienced and talented Building Services Engineering team based at my clients HQ in Oxford. Their client list comprises of all public and private sector markets. Clients include Several Professional Sporting teams, Defence (framework), Commercial, Education, Leisure, Retail, Industrial to name but a few. My client invests an awful lot back into their employees offering them many CPD opportunities ensuring ongoing development. There is potential for overseas travel with this exceptional role.
Senior Mechanical Engineer duties include:
- Delivering detailed mechanical building services design.
- Carrying out mechanical design calculations (IES and Hevacomp).
- Producing feasibility reports, design specifications and drawings suitable for a wide range of design phases.
- Undertake surveys onsite.
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams.
- Attending a range of project group, technical meetings and l client meetings.
- Designing site-specific equipment as required.
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
- Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree Building Services/Mechanical Engineering or higher educational qualification.
- Ideally 3-4 years' experience within a building services design role running projects from conception through to completion including calculations, drawings, specifications, etc
- Ideally chartered or working towards chartered engineer status.
- Experience using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Experience using design software such as IES and Hevacomp.
- Ideally hold a full UK driving license.