Renown for being one of the best multi-disciplinary consultancies on the planet and a reputation for working on some of the highest profile and innovative projects. This global engineering is currently seeking a Senior Chartered Public Health Engineer to join their team.
You will need to have experience of the full design and construction life cycle within the specific field of Public Health Engineering, from concept design through to site installation, defects inspection and commissioning.
Working on a mixture of challenging projects including Data Centres, Hospitals, Labaratories and Commercial you will need to be able to demonstrate design experience in the following Public Health sectors:
- Cold water systems
- Hot water systems
- Storm / Flood below ground water drainage
- Fire suppression systems including wet and dry risers in addition to commercial and residential sprinkler suppression systems (experience of British Standards, LPC and NFPA required).
- Sustainable systems and technology including solar domestic hot water, rainwater harvesting and grey water harvesting would be advantageous
Autocad and Revit proficient preferred but not essential.
- Reporting to the discipline leader and ultimately to the Team Leader
- Developing innovative solutions to technical problems, developing new concept design specs
- Managing the production of drawings and reports and preparing public health specifications (all coordinated with other members of the design team)
- Undertaking a sustainable approach to system design including domestic hot and cold water services, specialist water services, natural gas systems, specialist laboratory and medical gas systems, above and below ground drainage, rainwater collection and disposal systems, water conservation and recycling, pollution control and waste management and treatment, fire protection systems
- Supervising and co-ordinating the work of others and co-ordinating work with engineers of other disciplines and external design team members.
- Attending meetings and communicating with clients to establish their needs
- Managing project teams to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget
- On smaller projects you may act as sole engineer in design team and contractor meetings.
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a high profile well-established firm with excellent career prospects and remuneration benefits.