A very exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer working for a global multi-disciplinary consultancy has arisen. My client employs 200 staff across several offices and due to continued organic growth, their London office seeks a client facing engineer/team leader.
My client has a reputation for delivering exceptional projects for the last 50 years spanning across several different specialist sectors including iconic historical buildings, high end residential, large scale industrial developments both in the UK and overseas, and many more.
- To manage projects including allocated resources such as engineers, graduates and technicians.
- To oversee the day to day running of projects, attend project meetings, be the daily contact for the client, contractor and other project consultants.
- Maintain the Project Management Plan.
- Attend Design Team meetings.
- Manage a team of engineers
- Manage projects through full life cycle
- Manage multiple projects running concurrently, including the preparation of the Design Scope of work as well as the technical designs of projects.
- Assess resource requirements at each stage of the project.
- Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
- Carefully manage project progress and scheduling meetings to assess.
- Respond to design queries during construction phase and attend site meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly project workload and fee forecasts.
- Mentor junior engineers and graduates.
- Utilise opportunities to assist with building the MEP offering in the London office through business development.
- 10 years' experience within Building Services
- Degree in Building Service/Electrical Engineering or Industry related qualification
- Experience dealing with key clients and attending design meetings/liaising with multiple disciplines
- Mentoring junior engineers
- Chartered status preferred
This is a genuine opportunity to become established within an already well known, partner owned company that operates very much like a smaller family run business, but with the influence and reputation associated with an even larger cooperate company.