With work load and a move to brand new offices this side of Christmas in Central London, an opportunity for a Senior/Principal Electrical Engineer to work alongside the director of this well-established consultancy heading up the Electrical team in London has arisen. You will hit the ground running working on a variety of projects without being pigeon holed into one sector! This is a genuine chance to actually have your say on the key decisions made and progress into a more senior role.
This is an opportunity to work for one of the largest privately owned practices in the UK. Established in 2001 my client has 4 offices nationwide employing over 90 staff, all of whom have a wealth of experience in their own right and create a dynamic and differentiated approach to their practice.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of projects across varying market sectors, and for delivering services from inception / feasibility through to detailed and fully coordinated design information to installation quality. My client is well known for the work they do in the education sector as well as working on government projects, typical M&E values from £20 million to £30 million. You will also be managing junior/intermediate engineers given you the opportunity to help develop the current team into well rounded engineers.
Additionally the successful candidate shall be well versed in undertaking project inspections, fault finding and maintenance assessments.
You will be required to deliver client focused effective design solutions, and have a good working knowledge of cost and value in design. Knowledge of RIBA stage 4 would definitely be an advantage.
I am looking for a dynamic individual whose skills and experience should include:
- Excellent written, oral English and report writing
- Up to date with current standards and technically very competent
- BIM/3D modelling awareness and wiling to promote as they are very much a digital Engineering business
- Recent UK experience
- Prepare concept design information from RIBA stage 2, 3, and 4 in support of project concept design development.
- Understand the requirements and have proven experience of delivering regulatory obligations associated with Building Regulations Part L and BREEAM.
- Work with the mechanical/energy/Part L engineers to derive low energy design solutions.
- Undertaking sub-contractor design drawing and technical submission reviews.
- Undertaking site quality and legislative inspections and prepare associated reports.
- Supervising commissioning of electrical services.
- Smartly dressed and presented
- Degree or HNC in relevant subject.
- Chartered Engineer, although not essential.
- Experience/knowledge of Amtech, Dialux, Relux
In return you will be offered an excellent package including Healthcare, Pension, 25 days annual leave, 40 hour week with flexible 8 hour day. The office environment is very collaborative and allows for all employees to be vocal.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a company that is continously growing in a competative market. Unlike many large consultancies where red tape can slow down climbing the career ladder, you will be rewarded on your performance and given a clear path to follow with regular appraisals.