This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in Electrical Engineering projects here in the UK and overseas for a global multi-disciplinary Civil, Structural, Energy, Mechanical, Electrical and Environmental consultancy who are working on projects worth in excess of £50m in value. My client is working on high end residential and commercial projects as well as the UCL Hospital Basement BREEAM project.
This consultancy opened their doors in the late 80's and have since grown to just shy of 100 staff in the UK with 3 offices including London. The London office have increased their staff numbers by almost 50% in the last year with plans in place for greater growth in the next 1-2 years. You will play a key role in this and have the opportunity to mold the team as you see fit.
As Technical Director your role will be to work as part of a team and play a key role complex yet exciting projects. You will:
- To manage projects and junior personnel to ensure delivery dates are met
- To manage Electrical Engineering output to ensure that quality criteria are met
- To provide technical support to junior engineers and technicians
- To prepare Electrical Services Scheme Design proposals
- To deliver Electrical Services detailed design/ production information.
- To ensure that repeat business is continued by excellent delivery and client relationships.
- Be actively involved in the day to day operations of the design office, and assist in improving efficiencies and quality.
- Develop and maintain commercial relationships with existing clients and establish new clients and opportunities
In order to successfully apply for this exciting role as a Technical Director you will possess the following skills / experience:
- Degree or HND/HNC qualified and ideally achieved or working towards chartered status.
- Extensive project experience of which some must have been total project responsibility/delivery.
- Strong record in project management, delivery and quality.
- People skills and demonstrable man management and client facing skills.
- Hold a valid UK Driving Licence
- Be prepared to travel to meetings, other offices and projects as necessary. Mostly Greater London but occasional work in other parts of UK and Europe or overseas that may necessitate an overnight stay.