I am currently recruiting on behalf of international multi-disciplinary client. They are looking to recruit a high calibre, experienced and appropriately qualified Senior Electrical Engineer on a contract basis to join the building services team in London.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will play a key part in the Building Services Design team and will be involved in working closely with clients, other design team members in the design, management and delivery of projects.
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a proven track record in working within the design of high end commercial and retail projects.
You will focus on successful project delivery whilst managing a number of concurrent projects. The job holder will be required to attend design, programme and site meetings, and mentor junior engineers and apprentices.
- Experience of working on a diverse range of design projects.
- An expert in electrical and environmental design.
- Enjoys working within a motivated team and is self-organised.
- Able to communicate at all levels.
- Competent and experienced in the design of all principal systems associated with electrical building services systems.
- Has an understanding of issues in relation to mechanical and public health services.
You will possess the ability to clearly communicate electrical design concepts to clients, contractors and other design team members, producing detailed calculations, proactively ensuring coordination of electrical systems with other disciplines and building structure, lighting and emergency design, and performance design associated with specialist services such as fire alarms and security.
I have an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced Public Health Engineer to join a multi-award winning building services design consultancy. They are one of the industry leaders providing design and project management across some of the most complex projects within the commercial sector. They are looking for an experienced Public Health engineer to join and assist their busy team in Central London.
You will prepare and oversee engineering designs using the most recent software packages within building services. You will take responsibility for the management of projects to achieve deadlines - attending and leading projects and design meetings to ensure successful planning, allocation and coordination of work.
Client liaison is a massive part of this role so someone who can influence technical meetings whilst maintaining strong relationships is essential.
The key requirements of this role include:
- Above and below ground drainage design
- Domestic hot & cold water system design
- Domestic sanitary drainage system design
- Gravity rainwater system design
- Natural gas system design
- Irrigation system design
- Rainwater harvesting design
This is an ongoing contract and will start immediately.
I have an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced Mechanical Engineer to join a multi-award winning building services design consultancy. They are one of the industry leaders providing design and project management across some of the most complex projects within the commercial sector. They are looking for a Senior Mechanical design engineer to join and assist their busy team in Central London.
As the Senior Engineer, you will need more than 5 years' experience of design within the commercial arena. You will need good technical skills and they must be fully proficient experience of Hevacomp & IES. They will need a good working knowledge of building (HVAC) design.
A key requirement is enthusiasm, desire and appreciation of working within a small dynamic business working in London, across the UK and in Europe for a range of very strong clients and brands. The key requirements of this role include:
- A Mechanical engineering or Building Services degree.
- Proven track record of delivering projects within set time frames.
- Experience of software's including Hevacomp & IES
- Experience of designing to British standards.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven team player
This will be an immediate start with a duration of 6-12 months. If you feel you would suit the role please get in touch.
My client has an exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Mechanical Design Engineer servicing blue chip clients. This is a permanent position located in their Cambridgeshire office with a strong focus on critical buildings and data centres, health and education, and banking projects.
- Be able to demonstrate acceptable technical writing skills and produce written reports.
- Attend meetings to represent your discipline and be able to convey other disciplines on behalf of my client.
- Check work for compliance with good practice and the project brief.
- Present work to the Senior Management Team or Project Lead for approval prior to issue.
- Assist with the supervision of any intermediate, graduate or trainee engineers.
- Carry out defects inspections and produce reports.
- Input in to the witnessing of commissioning.
- Comment on the as-fitted drawings and O&M documentation.
- Attend staff meetings, CPD Days and company communication meetings as requested.
- Input into the production of fee proposals and technical bids as required.
- Input into QMS audits as and when required
- Produce pre-prepared progress reports for meetings.
- Display a good working understanding of IES where it applies to the discipline.
- Display a good working knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Office suite of software.
The Company currently provides the following benefits:
- Flexible start time
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Free access to a range of discounts and services
- Monthly and Quarterly cdp/training
- Life assurance (4 times your current annual Salary)Ride 2 work scheme
- Income protection
In order to be considered for this role you will have a degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services (Chartered or working towards). Those with an HNC or HND and suitable design experience will also be considered. You must have significant experience of design in building services, post qualification completion.
The opportunity has arisen for an established Senior Mechanical Engineer who is keen on aligning themselves with one of London's most pioneering and progressive MEP Design Studios. You will be working in partnership with the world's leading architects on some of the most iconic and complex projects in London and overseas. This will present you with the opportunity to work in partnership with the globes most prestigious architects to deliver high performance, sustainable, award winning buildings.
Our client has been established since the early 90's and has growth from a fledgling London practice to a global thought leader in environmental design. The ethos of the business is to design buildings that will tread more lightly on the planet and take huge pride in doing so. They do this by promoting a working environment is collaborative and ideas of today are put in motion - to ensure high performance, sustainable and award-winning buildings.
This is evident through the number of awards on multiple projects that are awarded on a yearly basis including; RIBA London Award, RIBA Building of the Year, RIBA South Award, Sustainability Award and many more to the collection.
The successful engineer will be degree qualified with experience on a variety of projects in the UK and Overseas. The individual will be client facing and have previously managed projects from conception through to completion, a passion and natural flair for inspiring and mentoring junior engineers is essential to the progression and development of the team and will be recognised through a realistic and achievable progression plan.
This is fulfilling opportunity for a mechanical design engineer to join a consultancy at the forefront of the industry who would embrace the opportunity to work on an exciting mix of projects, with a realistic and achievable opportunity to progress with a highly commended consultancy in the heart of London.
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Qualification and relevant experience
- Be or be working towards chartered status
- You should have excellent technical knowledge in your primary discipline and a thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering
My client has an exciting opportunity for a talented Intermediate/Senior Electrical Design Engineer servicing blue chip clients. This is a permanent position located in their Manchester office with a strong focus on Critical Buildings, Data Centres, Banking/Finance and Commercial projects.
The role will involve assisting or leading selected projects as part of a larger team on bigger projects. You will be attending meetings and making client presentations raising/promoting the level of technical excellence relating to electrical engineering within the team. You will be working on a variety of interesting projects with the support of your colleagues from Director Level down to junior members of staff. The role will of course mean producing drawings and specifications, calculations as well as delegating others to do so (senior).
In order to be considered for this role you will have a degree in Electrical Engineering or Building Services (Chartered or working towards). Those with an HNC or HND and suitable design experience will also be considered. You must have significant experience of design in building services, post qualification completion. Experience working on data centres and critical buildings would also be an advantage. This is a client facing role and therefore client interaction skills are key. Knowledge of British standards and building regulations is essential. This is a very hands on role so knowledge of Electrical design software is also paramount.
Fantastic opportunity for an inspirational and ambitious principal sustainability engineer to join a highly regarded, dynamic, global consultancy.
The consultancy I am working alongside employ well over 500 staff across the globe, with a network of offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Asia and Australia. They have worked on an impressive list of projects across a variety of sectors including commercial, retail, mission critical, luxury hotels, residential, healthcare and education. Their work has been noted for its innovation and sustainable approach, which has been recognised with a number of industry awards, and commendations.
The position will include managing and supporting the growth of the sustainability and building physics team in London, managing resource, mentoring engineers, liaising with clients, and undertaking thermal modelling, dynamic simulation and building physics and building performance.
The client I am work with truly work on some of the most dynamic and environmentally focused projects across the globe, they have worked on numerous WELL Projects and can offer a fascinating portfolio of projects to work on.
A Senior Electrical Engineer is required to join a highly regarded and well established and privately-owned consultancy for their London office.
My client has been established for over 40 years and currently has two offices in the UK. They work across a varied portfolio of projects including commercial, data centre/mission critical, hotels, mixed-use and residential sectors. They have some long-standing client relationships and work with a number of well-known UK and global brands.
Due to planned growth of the London office they are looking to add a talented and driven electrical engineer at senior level. The company recognise and reward their staff, and they can offer a clearly defined career progression plan. The immediate requirement is for a senior engineer who can lead, motivate and energise engineers, manage projects through various stages of work, and liaise with clients, contractors and architects.
This is great opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer, or an Intermediate Electrical Engineer who would embrace the opportunity to work on an exciting mix of projects and the chance to progress to senior level in an already well respected and established consultancy in the heart of London.
I am currently working in partnership with a well-renowned, medium-sized building services consultancy based in North London. As part of an increase in workload, my client who specialises in large mixed-use developments, master planning schemes, district heating systems and hotel projects, are seeking a bright and ambitious Junior/Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer to join one of their specialist M&E teams.
This medium sized company is renowned in the industry for delivering some of the most iconic projects and has amassed an impressive portfolio over the years. They have successfully collaborated in several full BIM projects and project contract values typically ranging from £10 million to beyond £200 million.
In order to be successful when applying for this role, the ideal candidate will be:
* BEng/HND qualified in electrical or building services engineering.
* Have at 2 year's consultancy experience (or a similar role) and currently operating at a junior level.
* An understanding on British Building Regulations/Standards.
* Able to carry out cable and lighting calculations.
* Excellent presentation, communication, and written skills.
* Experience using electrical design software such Dialux, Relux, Amtech, and AutoCAD.
My client offers a unique place to work, where collaboration and support is provided from Junior through to Director Level. The company is a professional member of the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) and actively encourages staff to progress to Chartered status, supported through CPD events and in-house training. They also offer a very competitive renumeration & benefits package.
I am working alongside an independently owned Mechanical Contractor based in Bedfordshire who are looking to secure a mechanically bias project design coordinator to join the team.
The ideal candidate will come from a design background and be confident and competent in liaising with clients and architects through various stages of projects and design.
Responsibilities will include.
- Liaise with external design consultants, internal construction management team and subcontractors.
- Produce design programme and ensure all adhere to programme.
- Review and critique design by consultants at different stages.
- Develop/introduce more effective processes to assist the design process.
- Assist at tender stage where technical input is required.
- Attend all design meetings on behalf of Company.
The company have developed a strong client based in the healthcare sector off the back of their exemplary projects delivery. They work with a number of high-profile main contractors and have worked on a number of care home and retirement village projects across the UK. Due to an impressive order book of work and structured growth plans they are looking to secure a driven and talented Project Design Coordinator.
The Directors have grown an impressive and successful business and this role comes at an important time for the company in relation to the future growth plans.