A high-profile design consultancy with a reputation for delivering award winning and innovative projects are looking to expand their Croydon office with the recruitment of a Principal Public Health Design Engineer.
With a very impressive portfolio of projects completed and a big order book of work they are well established as one of the top engineering companies in the UK.
As a Principal Engineer you will be responsible for supporting and delivering designs for a range of project types and sizes.
You will be client facing, technically well rounded and able to offer the benefit of your experience to more junior Public Engineers within the team.
Responsible for meeting with clients, developing and producing reports, specifications and guidance or overseeing testing and commissioning activities, working closely as a team to ensure we achieve the best results.
- Degree qualified or equivalent industry qualification and relevant experience is essential but not a necessity.
- Fully conversant with British Standards, Building Regulations, CIBSE Guidelines and have a good understanding of sustainable design solutions such as grey and rainwater harvesting.
- Hands on design of water services, above and below ground drainage and must be able to produce concept and detailed PH design drawings, diagrams, schematics specifications and schedules.
- Experience in the design and delivery of medium to large scale projects in a variety of sectors would be beneficial.
This is a great opportunity for anyone wishing to join a well-respected and forward-thinking consultancy.
If you would like to apply for the position, please do contact me and I can help you with the application.
Join a leading multidisciplinary consultancy that provides mechanical and electrical engineering services to a wide range of clients and market sectors. It is an award-winning company that is large enough to provide stability and opportunity, but small enough to recognise its people as individuals.
They are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer with building services experience to join the existing MEP team that provides engineering support to a number of Blue-Chip International Brands.
Experience within the commercial/industrial, retail, residential and education sectors are essential with experience in automotive and clean/dry rooms is desirable.
The successful candidate will be responsible, under the leadership of the Associate Director/Senior Engineer, for the internal day-to-day management of small to medium scale projects and individual engineering task(s) for numerous schemes for client's cross sector. This will include the creation, development of and finalising engineering design solutions of Electrical services, working with other team members and project teams together with direct liaison with the client and other design team professionals.
Building Services Design Experience required:
- High Voltage (HV) and Low Voltage (LV) Distribution
- General and Emergency Lighting
- General LV Power
- Access Control, Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and Intruder Alarms
- Fire Detection and Alarm
- Lightning and Surge Protection Systems
- Process Services
The role will involve:
- Complete survey work and site inspections.
- Undertake design calculations using various methods, from hand calculations to software-based modelling.
- Prepare drawn information.
- Write technical specifications.
- Write technical reports.
- Exhibit active project risk management.
- Peer review and check design information prepared by others.
- Manage a project specific team of engineers.
- Manage their own workload to meet defined targets and deadlines.
- Allocate and manage project specific workload of Graduates, Project Engineers and Admin staff.
- Manage commercial aspects of projects they are working on including responsibility for management of project income and costs.
- Manage client relationships on specific projects.
- Look for additional opportunities within existing and new client relationships.
- Take responsibility for their own professional and personal development.
- Input and some responsibility for professional and personal development of team members, staff Performance and Development Reviews and mentoring of staff.
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- Minimum 7 years building services consultancy design experience.
- A degree qualification - Electrical or building services (Chartered or working towards). An HNC or HND with suitable design experience will also be considered.
- Client interaction skills.
- Software design ideally including Microsoft Office, Amtech, Cymap, Autodesk Revit MEP, National Building Specification (NBS).
- Knowledge of British standards, building regulations documents, etc.
- Professional membership (CIBSE, IET, IMechE).
They are offering an internal mentoring and training program aimed at developing the individual as well as the "Engineer" with a view to progression to Chartered Engineer (CEng) status.
Please get in touch if you feel you are suitable for the role.
Our client is an established, award-winning, professional multi-disciplinary engineering practice with a passion for excellence, innovation and environmental sustainability. Throughout every project, they use their construction and engineering experience and knowledge of their client's business to add value. Their multi-disciplinary teams work alongside clients and developers.
They are looking for a Senior Engineer to join the existing MEP team that provides engineering support to a number of Blue-Chip International Brands.
Experience within the automotive, commercial/industrial, retail, residential and education sectors are essential with experience with steam and in clean/dry rooms is desirable.
The successful candidate will be responsible, under the leadership of the Director/Associate Director, for the project management of medium to large scale projects and individual engineering task(s) for numerous schemes for client's cross sector. This will include the creation, development of and finalising engineering design solutions of mechanical services elements, working with other team members and project teams together with direct liaison with the client and other design team professionals.
The candidate shall have experience across the breadth of mechanical building services such as:
- Foul Drainage Above Ground
- Hot and Cold Water
- Compressed Air
- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) inc. ISO Clean/Dry Rooms
Also, the candidate should be able to:
- Complete survey work and site inspections
- Undertake design calculations using various methods, from hand calculations to software-based modelling
- Prepare drawn information
- Write technical specifications
- Write technical reports
- Identify and resolve problems early
- Exhibit active project risk management
- Peer review and check design information prepared by others
- Manage a project specific team of engineers
- Maintain records and archives to company standards
- Manage their own workload to meet defined targets and deadlines
- Allocate and manage project specific workload of Graduates, Project Engineers and Admin staff
- Manage client relationships on specific project
The candidate for this position will have a high level of computer literacy a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Autodesk Revit MEP, National Building Specification (NBS), Cymap and ideally EDSL Tas. The successful candidate will be a required to provide support to our other teams and/or offices from time to time.
The ability to operate as part of a wider project team within appropriate authority levels and to represent the company with confidence to a variety of clients and outside organisations is expected. The candidate will have the ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of one of our dynamic teams with a high attention to accuracy and detail.
They offer an internal mentoring and training program aimed at developing the individual as well as the "Engineer".
I'm currently working on a long-term contract opportunity for a Resident Engineer (Electrical bias), to work on a large mixed-use development in Central London.
My client seeks an experienced engineer who can think beyond their own discipline, as the project has a number of buildings within the portfolio. The candidate should have a natural tendency to contribute to collaborative problem-solving working with both clients and contractors.
The key duties of this role will consist of verification of installations, method statements for inspection and testing procedures for utilities, electrical, mechanical, public health and fire services, onsite inspections, testing and witnessing of all MEP Services installations, identifying any potential coordination issues and proposing solutions, leading progress meetings with client and delivery contractors, producing reports detailing technical compliance, programme and quality of installation.
This will be an October start with the contract lasting 12 months+, this will be inside of ir35 paying £45p/h.
If you are interested or would like to discuss in more detail, please get in touch.
I have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Sustainability Engineer to join a multi award-wining building services consultancy based in their London location. As a company they have an exciting portfolio which includes commercial, aviation, hotels & resorts as well as some of the most innovative residential and mix development projects in the UK and overseas.
Their goal is to work towards a regenerative future in which all projects make a positive contribution to the health of the communities that they serve the planet. They are clear in their mission - to make an impact through delivering high-performance sustainable design and developments.
The nature of the role will require a high degree of adaptability and flexibility. The role requires endless curiosity - the currency in this business is new ideas and you will only be able to generate these if you stay on top of your continuing professional development within the workplace and outside.
If you are results oriented, who enjoys challenging opportunities and has a positive attitude, this an amazing opportunity for you to join a dynamic, forward-thinking company with a great team environment and like-minded individuals.
To effectively undertake the role, it is anticipated that day-to-day tasks will include:
- Provide support to the Environmental Design + Sustainability team.
- Develop and guide in the delivery of sustainability and environmental design strategies on their projects, this will include: Net Zero Pathways, Development of Energy Strategies, Embodied Carbon, Circular Economy, Health + Well-being, Certification Strategies, Sustainability Strategies, Sustainable Master-planning, Environmental Design Guidance, and Environmental Analysis.
- Work in the development of sustainability focused projects, undertaking tasks to meet project.
- Provide high-quality consultancy services, providing clear and applicable guidance and recommendations, allowing projects to realise their potential.
- Support and work in the delivery of BREEAM, WELL, Fitwell, HQM, and other environmental assessment methodologies, from pre-assessment to post-construction stage assessments.
- Development of sustainability strategies for projects of all scales.
- Receive and execute instructions from Project Leads and be responsible and accountable for the completion of assigned projects and tasks.
- Seek out opportunities for new work, responding to RFPs, writing scopes and fee proposals.
- Work collaboratively to develop compelling sustainability and environmental design associated presentations - continuing contribution to the built environment sector.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Have an interest and understanding of environmental design and sustainability in the built environment, with the desire to lead in the field of whole life carbon and sustainability.
- Hold a relevant degree in engineering/ architecture/ science and have experience in the built environment field.
- Able to provide understanding and appetite to learn about sustainability issues relevant to the built environment - at all scales of development.
- Developing relationship building and client management skills.
- Experience of delivering high-quality technical reports.
- Knowledge and experience of dynamic modelling for compliance and operational energy analysis.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of energy modelling software (IES, Energy+, TAS), environmental design tools (Grasshopper for Rhino, Ladybug, Honeybee, Radiance etc) and OneClick LCA (or similar).
- Excellent attention to detail and high standard of written English.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams etc.
If you feel you have the relevant experience, please get in touch with the Beeby Anderson team.,
I am currently recruiting on behalf of international multi-disciplinary design consultancy. They are looking to recruit a high calibre, experienced and appropriately qualified Senior Electrical Engineer to join and assist their busy electrical building services team in London.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will play a key part in the Building Services Design team and will be involved in working closely with clients, other design team members in the design, management and delivery of projects.
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a proven track record in working within the design of high end commercial and international projects.
You will possess the ability to clearly communicate electrical design concepts to clients, contractors and other design team members, producing detailed calculations, proactively ensuring coordination of electrical systems with other disciplines and building structure, lighting and emergency design, and performance design associated with specialist services such as fire alarms and security.
You will focus on successful project delivery whilst managing a number of concurrent projects. The job holder will be required to attend design, programme and site meetings, and mentor junior engineers and apprentices.
- Producing drawings and specifications.
- Experience of working on a diverse range of design projects.
- An expert in electrical and environmental design.
- Enjoys working within a motivated team and is self-organised.
- Able to communicate at all levels.
- Competent and experienced in the design of all principal systems associated with electrical building services systems.
- Has an understanding of issues in relation to mechanical & public health services.
Please get I touch if you feel you would be suitable for the role.
I am currently seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join an independent MEP design consultancy based in Buckinghamshire. They have been providing sustainable environmental building services engineering throughout the UK for over thirty years. The successful engineer will support th Associate Engineers in producing robust design solutions including drawing and written deliverables with moderate supervision. This role is a client facing role so candidates must have experience dealing with architects, contractors, developers, and general business development.
This role will be based working from with one day working in the office or if meetings dictate it.
- Produce Electrical Design drawings, calculations (Amtech, Relux, Dialux), reports, specifications, and schedules.
- Witness tests the proving and commissioning procedures of final installations.
- Assist the development of trainee engineers.
- Work to internal and external project programs effectively.
- Support Associate Engineers and Management.
- Ensure industry knowledge is kept up to date with new legislation, standards and regulations, product development and new technology.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external design team members.
- Undertake non-intrusive surveys of existing installations.
- Undertake main plant area spatial allowance exercises.
- Competent in AutoCad (preferable).
- Engineering degree preferred. Minimum Engineering HNC/D or equivalent qualification.
- 5 years+ working within a MEP Building services design.
Please get in touch with your cv if you are interested in the role.
I have an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced Mechanical Engineer to join a multi-award-winning building services design consultancy in Buckingham. They are one of the industry leaders providing design across the Healthcare & Commercial sectors. They need to add an Intermediate/Senior mechanical Engineer to join their busy MEP team.
As a leading figure in a team of expert engineers and technicians you will be working closely with various disciplines. You will prepare and oversee detailed engineering designs using the most recent software packages within building services. You will take responsibility for the management of projects to achieve deadlines - attending and leading projects and design meetings to ensure successful planning, allocation and coordination of work. Client liaison is a massive part of this role so someone who can influence technical meetings whilst maintaining strong relationships is essential.
The key requirements of this role include:
- A mechanical engineering degree.
- Be Chartered or working towards Chartership.
- Proven track record of delivering projects within set time frames.
- Experience of software's including Heavacomp or IES
- Proficient in key design software particularly
- Experience of designing to British standards.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven team player
Please get in touch if you feel you would be suitable for the role.
Our client is a privately owned, award-winning building services consultancy established in 1987. They have experienced steady growth by providing first class project delivery and now consist of a team of 60 multi-disciplinary Building Services and Sustainability Engineers. They are looking to add a Junior CAD/Revit Technician to their BIM team. You will be working on some of the UKs largest high end residential and hotel projects.
- Preparing Revit models and or CAD drawings from Engineer's sketches.
- Preparing drawing packages for issue to clients and external parties.
- Communicate with Engineers & other members of the CAD team.
- Experience in the latest version of Revit and AutoCAD.
- A genuine interest in M&E draughting.
- At least 1 years exposure using Revit.
- Ability to work within a team.
They are offering an excellent development and training program as being well mentored by senior members of the BIM team.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to progress their career within MEP Revit.
The BIM Technical Manager role entails taking ownership of production of our BIM models (and also all 2D and 3D drawings) to ensure that they are delivered to a consistently high quality across all projects and in accordance with agreed programmes. The BIM Technical Manager will also drive the organisation's transition to BIM with the ultimate goal that the workstreams of the MEP engineers and BIM Technicians is seamless.
To achieve this all engineers will need to be fully conversant in Revit and all supporting software, in order to deliver coordinated BIM models (and also 3D drawings) from inception to completion of future projects.
The BIM/CAD Manager is required to identify, influence and implement change, as well as keeping abreast of developments within the industry.
- Organise and manage regular weekly meetings with BIM/CAD staff and team leaders to determine current and foreseen workload and utilisation.
- Report on the company's current and projected status regarding BIM implementation.
- Create upgrade and deployment strategies for the BIM implementation including advising on current workflow, strategies, budgets, projects, staffing, etc in terms of design teams and project requirements.
- Create a plan for implementation.
- Demonstrate the company's BIM success by evaluating goals that were established in the earlier phases.
- Set targets and monitor workload against deliverables.
- Report any feedback or issues concerning either projects or team to the directors.
Training and HR Management
- Undertake internal training of staff or advise on requirements for Revit fundamental and Intermediate training.
- Manage and lead internal CPD Revit training sessions.
- Provide technical orientation to new employees in respect of Revit/BIM tools.
- Write a competency test for new employees to test skills in BIM/Revit.
- Maintain high level of competency in the most up-to-date software by ensuring regular use and training.
- Ensure effective performance management standards are maintained within the CAD/BIM team and deal with poor performance (where it arises).
- Undertake staff appraisals.
- Manage the department recruitment process.
- Promote team morale and encourage cooperation, collaboration and team working.
- In conjunction with Directors, help retain high quality staff.
- Take responsibility for the integration of BIM (and CAD) standards development, implementation and enforcement.
- Advise on the creation and maintenance of the BIM (and CAD) software template files to assure standards.
- Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process standards.
- Utilise a good level of oral and written communication (excellent report writing skills, in particular) setting the highest standards of communication both internally and externally.
- Ensure compliance with Mecserve's Quality Assurance procedures, completeness and adherence to company standards of all drawings produced.
- Ensure commercial awareness of the BIM &CAD deliverables on all projects and regularly review the position and report to the Project Director.
- Provide continued feedback on time and money spent on projects, ultimately providing costing guidelines for future likeminded projects so that fees can be accurate.
- Maintain required level of utilisation and complete timesheet on a weekly basis.
Project Interface - BIM Project Management
- Assess the needs of clients and users and agreeing the project brief.
- Support project standards coordination with staff and clients.
- Manage the process of creating Revit families in response to project need.
- Assist in the resolution of BIM design issues providing a co-ordination role.
- Utilise experience in BIM methods and procedures and responding to EIRs, authoring or contributing to BIM Execution Plans and setting up delivery mechanisms to meet the clients BIM requirements.
- Keep project documentation up-to-date and comply with file management protocols.
Hardware and Software Management
- Manage, in conjunction with our IT support team, the hardware and software needs of the team including preparing planned replacement schedules, budgets etc.
- Evaluate new software and hardware and report on its suitability.
Health & Safety
- Report all accidents/incidents or near misses.
- Ensure adherence to all H&S requirements at all times.
- Review and action where necessary findings provided by any member of the team internal or external under your direction during their review of accidents/incidents/near misses.
- Provide management with health and safety information as and when required.